Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, August 17, 2010

From the Vintage Vault...

I usually do my Vintage Vault posts on Mondays, but this week has been a little nuts so apologies for the delay. To make up for it, I'm posting some real treasures from my collection of beauty products from the late 90s and early '00s. So let's get started:


Oh Street Wear! Why did Revlon discontinue this line?? I remember buying this two-pack of Virtue and Hazy at Big Lots (I think Big Lots was still called Pic-n-Save at the time) in the early '00s and the price tag of 99-cents is still on the back of this package. Why I never opened these up is beyond me, but now I'm sort of afraid to do it (they just look so neat in the original packaging!).

Virtue is pink with silver sparkle, and Hazy is actually quite different in real life than it looks in these pics. The base is a very dark blood red (almost the color of dried blood--gross, I know) mixed with a mossy green. And it's got golden-olive shimmer. It's beautiful!

Next up:


No, this isn't a mini-liner! I was so obsessed with Smolder (a brownish-taupe) that I think I wore it for a year straight in the late 90s/early '00s (I'm guessing that this liner was purchased around 1998 but I could be off by a year or two). Before I'd buy a new one, I'd wear it until it became almost impossible to sharpen anymore, which is the size you see in the photo above.Why I saved this particular nub of a pencil is beyond me!

I really wish BeneFit still offered an extensive collection of pencil eyeliners. These days, they have three shades of automatic eyeliners and of course the BADgal liner, which only comes in black.

Next up:


Remember when all L'Oreal lip colors came in these dark gray tubes? I was totally obsessed with the Color Supreme line (which I believe was phased out in the early '00s in favor of Color Riche). But Real Raisin is still available, only now it's part of the Endless Color line. Interesting.

It's weird because I kind of miss the dark gray packaging now that I'm looking at it again. Do you prefer the gold, or do you miss the old-school gray?

That's it for this edition of From the Vintage Vault. I hope you enjoyed it, and let me know if it brought back any memories for you!
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. The Street Wear polishes look amazing! I really want one shade called Confetti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, I look forward to these posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My all time favorite lip stick of the universe was from the Revlon Street Wear line. It was in an awesome clear container (which rocked my boat) and it was this lavender/mauve/silver/brown type color called Jelly. I looked like my lips but funner and more futuristic. I wore that thing into the ground. I wish they'd bring it back. It was truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I loved the lipsticks and it's much harder to find pictures of them. Jelly was great. I remember the polish better though!

      Delete
  4. Ahaha, I remember the Street Wear polishes! I had a set with pink and purple -- Prissy and Grape, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, I LOVED the Street Wear line back in the day! I used the heck out of it. And I remember those gray L'oreal tubes also - I actually had a bunch of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally remember the Street Wear polishes! I think I got some at Dollar Tree when they were just discontinued. I think your little Benefit nub is so cute. ;o) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Street Wear Blood was my first "Vampy" polish - I loved the fact that they actually called it Blood! Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Street Wear, how I miss thee! I wish I had kept these or these would be re-released they were amazing. I had this color "Psychedelic" which was light pink holographic bar glitter in a clear base. I remember my aunt painted my nails perfectly with this so my whole nail was completely covered in the glitter. It looked awesome. I think I was about 10 or 11 at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish there was a way to campaign Revlon to bring these back. I had several nail colors and I wish I kept them!!! If I had a better understanding of nail polish thinner at the time, I would still have these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lillian: Oooh, I don't think I'm familiar with Confetti. Can you describe it? I'm so curious why you are lemming that shade! :)

    Sammie: Awwww, thank you honey!!

    girlshapedlovedrug: Wow, that shade sounds amazing! I wish they're bring back Street Wear too, darnit. :(

    Hendrix: This was a great line, wasn't it? :)

    roxy: I totally agree!!

    Nicole: I had a strong feeling you were a Street Wear fan. ;) And yeah, those gray tubes bring back memories, don't they?

    Susie: Awww, glad you liked my BeneFit nub. Lol!! And I'm glad you remembered Street Wear. :)

    Steph: Awww, it was your first vampy shade! How perfect is that? :)

    Stephanie: OMG, that color sounds AMAZING!! And what a sweet memory to have. :D

    asweetp: I hear ya! And I totally agree about nail polish thinner. If we had known then what we know now, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the gray packaging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! i still have some street wear nail polishes! they had awesome dark metallic colors, love that polish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Street Wear! They had an awesome dark blue eye liner that I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely remember seeing a row of gray L'Oreal lipstick tubes on my mother's vanity growing up. I used to sneak into her room to try the different colors on when she wasn't home haha. It always confused me that the product would wear down to a completely flat surface like the one shown in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember those loreal lipsticks! they look so different now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had some Street Wear polishes back in 1998 (I was 15). I remember having a gunmetal color, and I think I had a lime green color too. I loved that gunmetal shade; I thought I was so damn cool when I wore it. XD

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved Street Wear too. I still have a lip stick pencil that I quit using because I didn't want to use it up, and a nail polish. The polish is actually still great, it hasn't thickened up, still applies nicely, and this is one I started using right away while the line was active. It's a light blue glitter and I remember being sooooo excited that someone made a blue nail polish. It was a different world back then, I remember as recently as 2003 trying to find someone who made a blue nail polish, oh how times have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey G! Want to let you know that the Street Wear polishes are avaliable in India under the brand name Street Wear. Not sure if they are the same thing or not, but the formula and stuff is pretty much the same. I havent done any research on them yet, so I can't confirm that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. yes! street wear i was 13 when i wore these my first nail color. ahhh the memories almost teen years now. i miss being a kid :/

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig