Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Update on Wet n Wild and NYC sales at CVS this week

I hate to rehash all of this for longtime readers, but I realize that some people may not know the history regarding Wet n Wild and NYC at CVS. So let me try to quickly recap:

For a long time, most CVS stores carried both NYC and Wet n Wild cosmetics (full, permanent wall displays). But then, a few years ago, CVS eliminated either NYC or Wet n Wild from many of their stores. In other words, stores in certain regions of  the US only carried Wet n Wild, while stores in other regions only carried NYC.

Then, last year, many of us noticed that several stores in the US started to carry BOTH brands again (full, permanent displays of both NYC and Wet n Wild cosmetics). In my particular region (San Diego) the CVS stores carry both brands. But thanks to several of you, I can confirm that there are STILL stores out there that only carry Wet n Wild or only carry NYC. 

Obviously, this makes it difficult for me to write my weekly drugstore makeup sale wrap-ups, because I always know going into it that not everyone is going to find the same sales at their particular CVS locations. This week, for example, CVS is running the same sale for both NYC and Wet n Wild: when you spend $5 you get $2 back in Extra Bucks (limit 1).

This should be easy, if your store only carries ONE of these brands. But some of you have told me that even though a CVS store carries both NYC and Wet n Wild, only one brand is coming up on sale. I have no answer to that, but I CAN tell you that at my particular region, BOTH brands are defnintely on sale:

PROOF!


Sales signs in the SAME STORE.


So, if your CVS carries both NYC and Wet n Wild, but you're seeing that this sale only applies to one brand (and not the other), I suggest taking a few items to the red scanner to see if the items come up on sale in the system. If not, then I'm sorry--I don't know what to tell you. As you can see, there's a long history here, and Wet n Wild/NYC sales just don't seem to be consistent in all regions.

Hope that helps clear thing up a bit...
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. The irritating part is the Red Box is giving out NYC $1.00 off coupons, and there is no NYC. It would be great if it said NYC OR Wet N Wild, but there it is. I quickly bought $5.00 dollars worth of Wet N Wild anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is a $1 off (2.99 or more) Wet n Wild purchase coupon in the RIB magazine that you can buy for .99 cents at CVS. but its totally worth it because in the magazine there is also a 4off coupon for a $12 or more physicians formula purchase and the physicians formula is 40% off till 6/29 or you can receive 6EB back for a 10 or more PF purchase starting 6.30. theres also more make up coupons in the magazine so its really worth the .99 cents to buy it!

      Delete
    2. Also some of the wet n wild coverall foundation have peel off coupon for a $1 off!

      Delete
  2. were you able to get $4 in EB if you bought $5 of NYC products and $5 in Wet n Wild?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My CVS has both WnW and NYC, plus there are $1 NYC coupons coming out of the red box every day. Super deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My local CVS is one of those stores that recently added Wet n Wild (they only used to carry NYC). Although the NYC sale was advertised in the weekly circular this week, the Wet n Wild sale wasn't. However, IN the store they were promoting the Wet n Wild sale (the display had the same signs that you showed in your photos).

    I was able to get $2 ECB for the NYC products without any problems but the register didn't automatically give me any ECB back for the WNW deal. I had to speak to the CVS Beauty dept manager and show her the sale signs before she manually printed out the $2 ECB for me. She thought it was weird that the Wet n Wild sale was unadvertised in the circular and couldn't understand why the register didn't automatically print out the ECB either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK this is wierd but individual stores do NOT get their promo sheets from corporate exactly matched to their product list. Yes this is as annoying to the employees as to shoppers. Without the sheets and info matched @ corporate levels mix ups happen:( The up side is that shoppers in the know can get a chance at greater deals. ie Garnier Moroccan sleek is a treatment invluded in most shamp sales and coupons! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig