Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 6.17.13


Lipstick League Question of the Week

What are your favorite perfumes to wear in the summer? 

G's answer: I generally tend to wear clean, citrusy or tropical fragrances during the summertime. Lately I've been loving Bath & Body Works Into The Wild (such a nice dupe of the long-ago discontinued Tropical Punch from Escada), Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune (my all-time favorite citrus fragrance for about 10 years and running) and Yves Rocher Monoi L'Eau des Vahinés, which I've been absolutely in love with since I reviewed it back in March. And when I just want something clean and fresh, I always reach for Demeter Snow.

Links of the Week

Vampy Varnish - is in love with the new Punk Rock Collection from Deborah Lippmann for Fall 2013!

we heart this - brings you the boldest and brightest orange nail polish they've ever seen; ORLY Mayhem Mentality, and asks the obligatory question of "orange you glad you've seen it?"

Beauty Junkies Unite - 10 winners are going to have the smoothest lips on the planet when they win Amber's NIVEA Lip Butter Giveaway! The winners will receive the entire collection of NIVEA Lip Butter goodness. (Ends 7/2)

Clumps of Mascara - can’t stop staring at those gorgeous Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar Stained Glosses. Have you seen them yet? You pretty much need all of them.

EauMG - reviews a gorgeous tuberose floral inspired by Mexico, Arquiste Flor y Canto. It wears wonderfully in the summer!

Gouldylox Reviews - Why does no one talk about this? The seven perils of having long hair.

Lipglossiping - takes a refreshing look at some zingy body treats from indie company Marshmallow Blends.

My Beauty Bunny - Wondering about the latest "it" ingredient popping up in beauty products everywhere? We've got the answers! What’s the Deal with Argan Oil?

Nouveau Cheap - If you haven’t been to your local Big Lots lately, here’s a very good reason to pop in and check out the beauty aisle!

Pink Sith - has a list of 10 bronzers for under $10. Why not save a little green while you are getting your bronze on?

Prime Beauty - got her feet sandal-worthy with the Micro-Pedi tool--it really works!

Phyrra - Lusting for some 'naked' colors? Check out the Meow Cosmetics Stripped Collection! Guest 

Post of the Week, as chosen by Vampy Varnish - Cristina from Let Them Have Polish does some amazing nail art and her KB Shimmer Totally Tubular Inspired Nail Art is an amazing example!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. OMGosh I love Into the wild... recently brought it back out & bought backup during the SASale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite for summer is 4711, which my mom always had when I was little. It's got citrus, bergamot, some hints of floral, and it smells so refreshing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to totally agree with Monoi Des Vahines perfume-then I use the monoi oil In my hair- so summery!
    I also like dolce & gabana light blue and BBW cherry blossom :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise, Sand & Sable, and BBW Coconut Lime. I need to try the Monoi Des Vahines, sounds right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wear Soma's Wild Fig and Apricot. It's not an exact replacement for Bath & Body Works Sensual Sandalwood Fig, but it'll do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am such a noob. -_- May I sheepishly ask ... what/who is the lipstick league??

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig