Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 6.10.13



Lipstick League Question of the Week

What’s the most regrettable hairstyle you’ve ever had? (Details, please!) 

G's answer: When I was in the fourth grade, the Dorothy Hamill cut was THE thing to have. So my parents let me get my hair chopped off and, well, in fourth grade I had no sense of styling my hair, so it never looked  quite right. Combine this with the fact that I of course didn't wear makeup yet, and you can understand that I was mistaken for a boy quite often. That didn't bother me as much as having an ugly, frizzed-out bowl cut though.

Links of the Week

Phyrra - Want a camera bag without sacrificing style? You need the Epiphanie Lola, the best bag for beauty and fashion bloggers!

Vampy Varnish - Now you don’t need $250,000 to buy Azature Black Diamond Nail Lacquer Trust me, it’s fabulous stuff!

we heart this - tests Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil and asks the question "do you really need a $42 lip product?" Sorry wallets everywhere, you really do.

Beauty Junkies Unite - I just put COVERGIRL's new Flamed Out Mascara to the test---check out the review with before and after photos!

Clumps of Mascara - is beyond obsessed with coconuts. So much so that she has been using these Pacificia Coconut Face Wipes daily!

EauMG - rounds up her most worn perfumes of spring 2013.

Gouldylox Reviews - Can a razor change your life? Pin it to win it and find out!

Lipglossiping - gets bedazzled by beauty after swatching the new Leighton Denny Holographic Collection. A matte holo? Whoulda thunk it?!

My Beauty Bunny - Want vibrant, sugar-coated candy nails for summer? Of course you do! We've got a look at the new Milani Texture Nail Lacquers that will add a sweet pop of texture to your summer mani.

Nouveau Cheap - If you're a bright, bold matte eyeshadow lover who is also on a budget, you just might want to click right here.

Prime Beauty - is crushing on the new Lancôme Gloss In Love collection. Sparkle, shine and innovative packaging, oh my!

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Phyrra - Izzy from Musings of a Muse has been my guide for finding beauty most unusual, as well as the best in BB and CC creams. LOVE her blog!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. As a kid, once, my mom spent HOURS putting my hair in cornrow braids. I rocked that, but then it came time to take it out...

    And I didn't have time for a shower to straighten my hair out again before school that morning.

    I was a white kid with a MASSIVE afro for a day. My hair was mid-back length so, yes, it was huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1989. 5th grade. Mullet. Think Lisa Lisa but I have naturally curly hair so it was always big and poofy. Terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, @ LisaLisa&TCJ...I too had that "look." Only my curls (read frizz) were from a perm...or body wave! "Head to Toe, I knoooow...k sera k sera" (sp?) ;)

      Delete
  3. I have lots of gaffes, but no real regrets, except, anything to do with bangs is regrettable to me due to them just wanting to go in their own direction. As a kid in the 1970s I trimmed my own bangs super short. Then in the 1980s when I was in junior high and high school, I had huge mall hair, where it was meticulously curled and teased and Aqua-netted to absolute crunchiness. In the 1990s I got a pixie cut and it only would poof out and never look cool and choppy. I also experimented a lot with color. What looked OK at home ended up looking green in class. Another time it looked almost mauve. If I could change one thing, thought, it's that I wish I'd grown out my bangs ages ago and saved a lot of time and aggravation in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for including me in your blog! I think you and I are kindred spirits in our love of pop culture, cheap beauty and of course, the Dorthy Hamill haircut:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so late 80's in elementary school I was big into glam rock as well as freestyle, amoung other genres etc etc, and I thought Joey Tempest (singer of the band Europe who did Final Countdown, Carrie, and Supersticious) had the most lovely locks. Sooo, I heard that his secret was a "root perm". And so I just HAD to hunt down a salon that offered the service. Begged my mom to drive 1/2 hr away. In the end my hair was frrried, and looked nothing like Joey T's luscious strands. My hair was just too layered and shorter than his, I looked like I had krinkle-cut french fries growing out my head. Not to mention, I had bad breakage at the root level and actually felt bits of stubble here and there. Uhhhggg!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig