Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 4.22.13


Lipstick League Question of the Week

What are your favorite body washes (or bar soaps, body scrubs or bubble baths) that are currently sitting in your shower?

G's answer: Right now, my favorites are my Yves Rocher Lime From Mexico body wash, my Softsoap Spring 2013 Limited Edition Forever Springtime body wash and my St. Ives Pear and Soy body wash. I just love sweet, tart and fruity body washes during this time of year.

Links of the Week

EauMG - reviews a mouth-watering juicy orange perfume, Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine.

Gouldylox Reviews - Have you seen the new LE Too Faced Palette? Gold, purple, bronze, turquoise and a sexy bedroom eye make this palette irresistible.

Lipglossiping - has a serious think about the benefits of buying a wig! Have you been getting wiggy with it?

My Beauty Bunny - Emerald green may be the color of the year, but we all know coral is the color of summer. My Beauty Bunny shares her simple 5-minute coral look and her favorite cruelty-free Peach and Coral Makeup products.

Keep reading for more links...

Nouveau Cheap - reviewed six of the eight new Summer 2013 Limited Edition Maybelline Color Tattoos, and shows them to you in a way that might just surprise you (and make you want them even more).

Pink Sith - has a list of things that make her happy such as Room Service, naps and hot cocoa, but the NARS Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Paris Follies is inching near the top of her list!

Prime Beauty - tells you how to take years off your looks! Nothing looks more youthful than a bright, white smile and Prime Beauty helps you get there with a giveaway of 5 Oral B Deep Sweep Electric Toothbrushes and the new Crest Pr-Health Toothpaste! Well, what are you waiting for?

Phyrra - gets blacklight reactive with Stila After Glow Lip Color. You need to see it to believe it!

Vampy Varnish - has two of the new nail shades from the Rescue Beauty Lounge Emoting Me collection and thinks they are truly beautiful!

we heart this - Want to win a $215 home spa prize pack from Eucerin (which includes a $125 Visa gift card)? Umm, yeah you do!

Beauty Junkies Unite - NARS just paired up with shoe designer Pierre Hardy for a gorgeous Summer collection release. Don't miss these refreshing nail polish and blush shades in this review with swatches!

Clumps of Mascara - is giving away a mascara each week during her weekly mascara contest on Instagram!

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by EauMG - One of my favorite beauty blogs is Scent Hive. Trish focuses primarily on natural beauty products, bath products and perfumes. Scent Hive was my first introduction to the world of natural perfumes!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. My #1 favorite body wash is Suave's Sweet Pea and Violet. I've gone through three or four bottles of it and the smell just doesn't get old!
    -hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! Body Essence Tea Tree Oil Body wash with Argan Oil! I LOVE this body wash. It is 24oz, it comes with a pump, it does not dry your skin out, it suds beautifully, it has a nice scent, AND it's about 3.60 per bottle. I love this company and i can't wait to try their other body washes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a Boots cocoa butter body wash on clearance at Target that I'm loving. It smells wonderful and has a nice moisturizing lather. Also I'm loving that SheaMoisture Lavender and Wild Orchid body wash. Such a pretty floral!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not very fancy or exciting but the Aveeno skin relief body wash is awesome for my eczema. It immediately calms my skin down and makes bathing not feel like something attacked me with sandpaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second this! I've tried plenty of body washes for "sensitive" skin and this one is the best of them. Keeps the eczema at bay for sure.

      Delete
  5. Caress Evenly Gorgeous exfoliating body wash w/brown sugar smells good enough to eat & makes your skin super soft. I'm also loving Softsoap Body Butter in Heavenly Vanilla which has a thick rich lather that smells freakin amazing! Usually I find that the clear/gel Softsoap body washes can be a little drying so the Body Butter line has been a great find for my dry skin! And did I mention the smell? If you like vanilla definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Favs that are in the shower atm would be Rosewater by Jäson, Dirty from Lush, and The Body Shop Strawberry. I cannot wait to try the Yves Rocher Mexican Lime and the Haitian Vetiver. I also have been wanting to try the Shea Moisture Lavender and Wild Orchard that Heidi commented about above, I've only used their hand creams, shampoos and conditioners/hair masques...and love it all! Oh, I also have a bar soap in the shower that I'm loving, and that's the L'occitane Honeysuckle...the square shaped one. I have the rose and the linden one waiting in my underwear drawer, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always and forever, olay body washes. Except the ribbons one

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still using the Christmas scent from bath and body works; vanilla bean noel. Smells so good

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only one I have in the shower right now is Korres Basil Lemon shower gel, and I love it. Smells delicious, lathers beautifully and rinses clean. I'm considering picking up another just to try out the different scents. I also have a shower oil from L'Occitane but I haven't unpacked it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used up a bottle of that. Such a great scent. I have two others by Korres, but I haven't tried them yet.

      Delete
  10. I have so many! I have Dove Deep Moisture, Nivea Touch of Serenity, Caress Evenly Gorgeous exfoliating, VS Beauty Rush in Candy, Baby and a few Bath & Body Works in Sweet in Paris, Love, Love, Love; Aruba Coconut and A Beautiful Day. And those are just the ones that are opened!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Victoria's Secret Spring Break Collection: Jasmine Lime & Philosophy Vanilla Coconut.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig