Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Review: Softsoap Spring 2013 Limited Edition Forever Springtime and Lemonade Berry Splash Body Washes

Now available in Walmart stores (through May), the Limited Edition Spring 2013 body washes from Softsoap have been on my radar since I first posted about them here. I was sent both of these body washes for review and today I'd like to share my thoughts with you, in case you've been thinking about picking these up.

 Softsoap Spring 2013 Limited Edition Body Washes in
Forever Springtime and Lemonade Berry Splash
(retail: around $4 each, 18 oz)

Note: I forgot to take my photos before I had tried these body washes a few times, so apologies for the shot above. These bottles were actually full to brim when I received them.

Let's start with Forever Springtime:


This formula contains bergamot, black currant and orange flower oils and let me tell you, it smells divine. The predominant note, to my nose, is lemon, but it's a sweet and tart lemon that's softened with some fresh floral notes. Once I get this body wash going in the shower (after applying it to my bath pouf), I'm immediately hit with a delicious lemon sugar aroma. It really smells like lemon sugar once I start working the lather onto my skin, and it's such a bright, uplifting fragrance to smell in the morning.

Speaking of lather, there's oodles of lather to this body wash, but it's the type of lather that's light and airy (as opposed to rich and dense). As with most Softsoap body washes, this one works quite well with my particular skin. I'm not left feeling dry or itchy after I use this, but my skin does feel very clean. The fragrance of this body wash sticks around on my skin for a few minutes after I get out of the shower (I actually wish it stayed around longer because I love lemon sugar).

Next up, Lemonade Berry Splash:


Lemonade Berry Splash contains shea butter, as well as grapefruit peel oil. I think that the grapefruit peel oil contributes a lot to the overall fragrance of this body wash, because I get almost a straight-up pink grapefruit note to this one and not really "lemonade" when I use this product. For me, that's not a bad thing, because I happen to adore the scent of grapefruit and I find this one to be a nice pick-me-up in the morning.

My favorite thing about this particular formula is the lather. Unlike Forever Springtime, which yields light and airy bubbles, Lemonade Berry Splash has a very creamy, rich and dense lather. I was actually surprised to see such a thick, creamy lather from a body wash that's translucent but I think that the addition of shea butter in this formula might have something to do with its extra creaminess. This formula feels particularly decadent in the shower and my skin feels slightly more hydrated when I use it. It does rinse clean though (no greasy residue).

FINAL VERDICT: I love both of the Limited Edition Spring 2013 body washes from Softsoap, but for different reasons. Forever Springtime has an absolutely delicious lemon sugar fragrance to it, which is what I love the most about it. Lemonade Berry Splash has a rich, creamy and dense lather that feels very decadent on the skin. If I had to pick a favorite, I'm afraid I couldn't do it because I really do love both. I think that if you're drawn to citrus scents when it comes to your body washes, you won't be disappointed with either formula. For different reasons, I think they're both winners.

Have you spotted the Limited Edition Spring 2013 body washes from Softsoap in your area? Have you already tried them? I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.Blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I saw some limited edition Softsoap body washes in Target as well... pear and raspberry and apple I think... will try to get a picture for you next time I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not that into body washes BUT I might need to pick one of these up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I really want to try the Lemonade Berry Splash one. I pretty much like anything with shea butter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forever Springtime sounds like my cuppa tea! Lemon Sugar and an LE two things I can't resist! WhenI am ready for body wash I will keep this in mind! Thanks, G.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed! i'm actually out of bodywash- borrowed hubby's this morning- and the description of Forever Springtime is CALLING me!

      Delete
  5. I rarely comment, but have to chime in that the Forever Springtime scent is similar to Bath and Body Works Country Chic (which is in turn similar to Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love everything lemonade!! Going to give it a try :) thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forever springtime please! I've been obsessed with lemon/lime scents so lemon sugar...I need it! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to look for Forever Springtime this week, sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i loved lemonade berry splash last year! now i want to try forever springtime, as i love lemon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the review. I would have thought that the lemonade one would have been more to my liking but now I am going to check out Forever Springtime. I love lemon sugar scents.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig