Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 2.25.12


Lipstick League Question of the Week

What are your three must-have products for a home manicure?

G's answer: A good nail file (my fave is this one), a good brush to clean up mistakes (I prefer the e.l.f. $1 concealer brush - you can see me clean up my nails with this brush here), and a powerful remover (I can't stand wimpy polish removers so I use a 100% pure acetone remover but I also really love Zoya Remove+).

Links of the Week

Nouveau Cheap - ChapStick has been releasing some yummy Limited Edition flavors over the past few years, but their new Cupcake Creations Collection really takes the cake (pun intended). Grab these babies while you can! 

Pink Sith - says there can be trouble with Taupe. Can that even be possible with this taupe loving fiend? Check out her comparisons of just one taupe among many bloggers.

Prime Beauty - has fallen head over stilettos for the Smashbox Love Me Collection for Spring 2013, but she has a dilemma. Should she stick with her old boyfriend or go for the handsome new stranger? Help her decide.

Phyrra - has fallen in love with a new indie company called Girly Bits! See her review, swatches and manis.

Vampy Varnish - completely loves the new Candy Sprinkles Nail Lacquer collection from Hard Candy exclusive to Walmart!

we heart this - you've tried Birchbox, but have you tried Birchbox Home? Who knew a citrus spritzer could give me such joy!

Beauty Junkies Unite - Amber has the review & swatches of the new OPI Oz The Great and Powerful Collection!

Clumps of Mascara - is lovin’ Zoya’s Lovely nail polish collection. Spring is absolutely in the air!

EauMG - shares her favorite chocolate perfume!

Gouldylox Reviews - February is a busy month for product launches. Check out my five favorite products in February. (I couldn't choose five, but seven didn't sound as classy.)

Lipglossiping - takes a moment to appreciate that rare wonder of makeup doing exactly what it’s supposed to!

My Beauty Bunny - goes to the Oscars! See her photos.

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Nouveau Cheap - Do you ever wonder how your favorite nail polish bloggers get those beautiful, sharp close-up shots of their manicures? One of my favorites, Jen from The Polishaholic, reveals her secrets here.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. A nail file, a nail buffer, and a fast-dry topcoat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A multi-sided buffer/file, pure acetone polish remover, and Seche Vite topcoat. I don't even bother to do a mani without Seche Vite! -Brooks

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig