Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Spotted: Sinful Colors Matte Effects Collection

I apologize if this is old news but, as most of you know, I'm a bit rusty when it comes to new releases from Sinful Colors, and I just spotted this display at my local Rite Aid a week ago (I think it first started popping up in January, but I could be wrong).

 Sinful Colors Matte Effects Collection
(retail: $1.99 each)

Keep reading for more pics and info....




 

Going by the numbering system (new Sinful Colors shades all have numbers in the 1,000s), there are three new polishes in this collection (the blue and black shades are older, existing colors):


 Matte Top Coat 1177


 Mesmerize 1128


Ardoise (Night Magic) 1037

I realize that Mesmerize and Ardoise may have been part of other new displays, but they're certainly new to me. If you know if these two shades were in other dipslays from recent months, please let us know? Thanks!

Have any of you tried the Sinful Colors Matte Top Coat yet? Thoughts? The only other drugstore matte top coat that I know of in this price range is Matte Me Crazy by NYC. So I'm happy there's another affordable option out there!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I like the ideas show they show, for the mix-and-matte effects. Mesmerize came out in the fall, with the Enchanted collection. Don't know about Ardoise, but I think it's from the Haute Rebel collection. In that one, I found a pretty super pale lavender, called Mauve, which I love. They also have a dirty pastel green, almost an army green, called Beau Khaki, which I'm kicking myself for not picking up when I saw it. I'm hoping to find that again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're correct about Ardoise. :) And yes, Mesmerize was part of Enchanted/Muse.

      Delete
  2. I have the matte top coat. It's pretty good, especially for the price. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Mesmerize first showed up in the Enchanted collection last fall. Not sure about Ardoise. According to their website, it's part of the Haute Rebel collection, but I've never seen that one. And for what it's worth, I fully understood and supported your choice not to cover SC, but I've got to tell you I'm thrilled you've decided to come back to them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the OCC matte topcoat and then spotted this one, wanted to test them out against each other and they are pretty much exactly the same. So mad I spent more money on the OCC one lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEED this! But I definitely don't want to purchase it locally since it's over priced in Canada (it's about $6/bottle).

    ReplyDelete
  6. love and also dark colors my thing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have both Mesmerize and Ardoise- I know Mesmerize was part of the Enchanted collection, and I THINK Ardoise was at least sitting in the same display (when I bought mine), but I'm not 100%. I can't wait to try this new top coat! I've been loving the look of matte black nails lately. Thanks G!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried the matte topcoat out and it didn't really work that great for me. I had to do two layers of matte coat to achieve a matte effect and it took a long time to dry (compared to other matte top coats). I returned it. I find that other matte top coats work better for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found the matte top coat didn't work well for me compared to others. The Sinful one took two coats to go matte, and took much longer to dry compared to others. I returned it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's time for some new shades from SC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! I need to go to Walgreens right now! Eep!

    ReplyDelete
  12. P.S. Ardoise and Mesmerize were released with the Haute Rebel collection too.

    (sorry if this comes through twice, my page froze and I wasn't sure if it went through the first time)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Didn't grab Mesmerize last time, and I'm excited to grab Ardoise, as long as swatches don't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig