Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, October 20, 2012

Essie Leading Lady has landed at Rite Aid (plus, another comparison)

If you caught my post a little while ago about this collection landing at Target, you know that there are six shades total in the collection. I also mentioned that Target is calling this Essie's Winter 2012 Collection, but I had a feeling that it would be called Leading Lady when it hit the drugstores:

 Essie Leading Lady Winter 2012 Collection

I wish that these drugstore displays contained the full range of colors; sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. We get four of the six shades here: Leading Lady, She's Pampered, Snap Happy and Butler Please. The shades we don't get in this display: Where's My Chauffeur? and Beyond Cozy (click here to see those two shades).

Keep reading for a comparison of Butler Please to another very popular blue polish from the drugstore... 

Remember when reader Julie shared her comparison of Leading Lady and Ruby Slippers? Well after my initial post, some of you mentioned that Butler Please was a dupe for Sally Hansen Pacific Blue (one of my favorite blues of all time). So I grabbed them both for a side-by-side:

Sally Hansen Pacific Blue vs. Essie Butler Please

 I don't now if it's just due to the round shape of the Sally Hansen bottle or what, but it looks like Butler Please is slightly more crisp and vibrant than Pacific Blue. I don't know if that would hold true on the nail but, either way, they look very, very close. 

Would you call this a dupe? Do you own both? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I am afraid they are not EXACT dupes to my eye, but may be close enough to satisfy the need for just that sort of color. Pacific Blue is softer, as you said I think, just from the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spotted this collection at Kohls of all places, but it had 2 additional polishes in the display as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are at at least one Walgreens in Sioux Falls, SD. The whole display. Said a little prayer on Friday's Friends and family day and there they were :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butler please looks brighter. I have pacific blue and my bf got me butler please so I really hope they're not dupes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the full display with all 6 polished at Walgreens in NYC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Butler Please looks brighter, crisper, blue-er and cleaner while the Pacific Blue looks a bit more dull and muted and leans toward violet but they do look close enough that you probably don't need both. I have the Pacific Blue and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CVS carries all of the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saved me $8 ! I have SH Pacific Blue, plus a backup of this gorgeous blue! I DON't need BP, though he is really handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have both colors and Butter Please is darker, and slightly more purple, which is exactly what I wanted. This is my signature color, and I've been looking for it forever. Essie nailed it! (pun not intended but I like it!)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig