Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, August 20, 2012

Your Milani questions answered

If you've been reading the comments on the You Tell Me page over the past few days, you know that there has been some concern about signs appearing on Milani displays indicating that certain Milani eyeliners were possibly being "recalled". I spoke with my contact at Milani and can confirm that NO Milani products have been recalled (which is why those of you who may have searched for recall information online have not been able to find anything). 

Directly from Milani:
The liners are not being recalled, and we are trying to work with our retailers to educate their sales associates to not use that term. We just changed the name of the liner, and requested all product in the field with the old name to be shipped back to us by a certain date (hence the confusion with the recall). It was originally Liquif’eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil and Liquif’eye Liquid-Like Eye Liner Automatic Propel Pencil. We have now changed the name for both liners to Liquid Eye Liquid-Like Eye Liner Pencil. The formula is exactly the same and all the liners purchased in the past are completely okay.

So there you have it. No recall. If you see an empty display at your local retailer, now you know why. Hope that clears up any questions/concerns you may have had.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Good to know. I don't really care for the name change though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should have just put the ones with the old name on clearance. I'm just sayin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. G., Thank you so much for contacting Milani and getting back to us. I love Milani and was upset by the lack of information around this so-called "recall" both in my CVS store and across the web. What would we do without you looking out for us? I'm grateful for your generosity and for the quick response by everyone here and at Milani. I love this community! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Viv. I really appreciate that. xo

      Delete
  4. Having daily contact with retail shops, I'm not surprised with the stores getting their wires crossed about the difference between a 'recall' and a 'return to vendor'. I agree with the other comments that you are awesome in getting down to the true story. Hooray!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew!!!! Thanks G!! I was getting anxiety at the thought of having to find a replacement...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. But I liked the Liquif'eye name. ;~; It was creative and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good to know G., thank you so much for verifying for us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had pictures of a recall notice at my cvs here in my CVS in MS. They had lot numbers and dates. I was going to send I pics but I assumed the info had been put out. Hopefully they will pull the notice down from the display.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig