Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Lipstick League – week of 8.13.12


Lipstick League Question of the Week: 

What’s your latest go-to eye color (shade and brand)?

G's answer: For the past week, I've worn nothing but the new LE Color Tattoo shade, Barely Beige. It's been so hot that I can't be bothered to do a complete eye look, so I just dab a bit of this shade on my lids, blend upward, apply some black liquid liner to my upper lash line only, mascara to my upper lashes only and I'm out the door. I love Barely Beige so much, I think I should have bought a back-up (the display at my Rite Aid was wiped out the day after I found it).

Links of the Week:

Clumps of MascaraZOMG! Look at these new felt tip liners by Milani. The affordability isn’t the best part…you can actually use these babies on the eyes, face and body. How cool!

EauMG – Orange blossoms by the sea – Victoria reviews Atelier Cologne Grand Neroli perfume.

Gouldylox Reviews – I’m in love with the Flamboyage technique for highlights. Check it out!

Nouveau Cheap – What’s the current must-have drugstore product that’s got everyone (myself included) in a frenzy? It’s the new Limited Edition Maybelline Color Tattoos, of course!

Pink Sith – Has no problem at all. She can quit at any time. At least that’s what she says when she reveals her THIRD Inglot 10 pan palette!

Prime Beauty – added another neutral/nude eye shadow palette to her collection. Find out why Anastasia’s  She Wears It Well is different from the pack. Hint: Youthful Synergy Complex®

Phyrra – Phyrra reviews Paula’s Choice Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator. See if it becomes a staple for her!

Vampy Varnish – Feeling…vampy? Then check out Deborah Lippmann Forsaken Lip & Nail Duet inspired by HBO’s True Blood!

we heart thisMAC Asked (nicely), You Requested (feverishly!) Check out the By Request collection, as chosen by YOU.

Beauty Junkies Unite – We’re giving away one of our favorite new fall palettes, the Too Faced ‘The Return of Sexy’ Eyeshadow Palette. Enter now!

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Clumps of Mascara – I absolutely adore Mimi of Makeup Withdrawal. Her nail polishes swatches are the best! Case in point: She spams us with various beautiful NYX nail polishes. 

What's your current go-to eye shadow?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I rotate shadows every week, and to be honest haven't been wearing much lately.. but WnW nutty has a permanent place in my tray (along with it's cousins, Brulee and Sugar).. and I've been wearing it an awful lot. It's the perfect shadow, just put it on the lid, blend a bit into the crease, and you are done.

    G., can you confirm the status of Brulee? Discontinued or not? Can't find it anywhere any more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using 2 of the Maybelline Luminous quads ( Gold and Lavender) quite a bit this summer. They're super shimmery, which I love, and they are not super pigmented, which makes it really easy for me to blend and create eye looks pretty effortlessly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the rose one, and agree.. very pretty, wearable, shimmery colors. Much more "peach" than "rose" though.

      Delete
  3. I've been wearing the Almay smoky eye trio for green eyes for the past week. I can throw together a nice everyday look with it in under five minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are the new color tattoos limited to Rite Aid? I have been on the hunt for them since I read about them but have had no luck. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. My drugstore go-to eyeshadow of the moment is Maybelline Color Tattoo Bad to the Bronze. I love the ease of applying it. It is not to over-the-top, so I can wear it anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CoverGirl's Pure Romance eyeshadow palette. It's one of the four-shade sets, with browny-pink shimmers. The slight pink keeps me looking healthy, I'm a pale girl who needs a little color help!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig