Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Spotted: new products from CoverGirl, Black Radiance, Revlon and Maybelline (pic heavy)

WHEW! I have so much good stuff to show you today that I'm almost out of breath just thinking about it! So let's not waste any time:

First up, reader Jenny spotted the NEW CoverGirl Eye Enhancers at her local Rite Aid and was nice enough to share:

 image credit: Jenny for Nouveau Cheap

Six new quads and two new trios!

  image credit: Jenny for Nouveau Cheap

Look at all those lovely taupes!

  image credit: Jenny for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Jenny for Nouveau Cheap

Reader Kristina spotted the new Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush Mascara, "The World's First Gel Mousse Mascara" at her local Bed Bath & Beyond and was nice enough to share:

  image credit: Kristina for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Kristina for Nouveau Cheap

I also just spotted this mascara myself at Target yesterday and I had to buy it. I LOVE the Colossal Volum' Express mascara (the one in the yellow tube) so I'm super curious how this one will work for me. I'll for sure post a review after I've tested it, but in the meantime, I want to let you know that when reader Kristina said that " It applies like air, its so soft, you gotta check it out!" I was SOLD. I cannot wait to use it!

Kristina also spotted the new Revlon FrenchMix polishes at Bed Bath & Beyond (remember the link I posted of these back in April? I cannot WAIT to get Over The Moon!):

   image credit: Kristina for Nouveau Cheap

   image credit: Kristina for Nouveau Cheap

And last but not least, longtime photo contributor Jess spotted lots of new Black Radiance products at her local CVS recently and was nice enough to share:

   image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

BREAKING NEWS: THE EYE APPEAL SIX-PANS THAT I SHOWED YOU BACK IN DECEMBER ARE NOW PART OF THE CORE COLLECTION (AS I HAD HOPED!).

For those new to these palettes, you can read my review of Downtown Browns (the palette above) here. I LOVE THIS PALETTE (it contains a dupe of MAC Satin Taupe!) and it's very much like the Wet n Wild 6-pans (for those new to Black Radiance, this brand is owned by Markwins, which also makes Wet n Wild)

PS: To find where Black Radiance products are sold in your area, enter your zip code on the Store Locator, located on the top menu bar of the Back Radiance Website here.

   image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

Jess also spotted new shades of Black Radiance Artisan Baked Bronzers (with $1 off peelies!):

   image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

And new shades of Artisan Baked Blushes (love that red!):

   image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

AND, new shades of the Artisan Baked Shadows:

   image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

Thanks SO MUCH, Jenny, Kristina and Jess, for the amazing pics and info. I really cannot thank you ladies enough--there is SO much to be excited about at the drugstores right now and I know your photos have created some new lemmings for many of us.

Have YOU spotted any of these new products at your local drugstores lately? Thoughts?
SHARE:

34 comments

  1. I dont believe my CVS has any black radiance. I need to double check though when I go. Those items look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Rite Aid, I saw a ton of new products there last week, they had a huge display of BR.

      Delete
    2. I love the new CG shadow colors... but have never enjoyed their formula, hopefully they are making changes like many other drugstore brands. VERY curious to hear reviews on most of these products!!

      Delete
    3. I went to Walmart today and saw these same items...so you may want to check there. =)

      Delete
  2. Wow! i cant wait to find the new black radiance palettes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen any of these as of yet, but they don't look too interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found the black radiance palettes at my Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the info. Seems like Cover Girl hasn't had any new eye shadow quads or trios in AGES. They used to be the only eye shadows I bought, but since trying Wet n Wild's shadows, I like their pigmentation better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a bunch of those baked shadows at walmart. Also saw cream shadows there, a bunch of the new products had $1 off peelies, but didnt get any because with cream comes the crease! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been able to find black radiance in Arizona. The locater on their website is inaccurate. If anyone in Arizona finds any please let me know

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've looking for those Black radiance palettes forever, never ever found them!!! I really like that downtown browns :) I hope I can get one someday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are the Black Radiance Blushes shimmmery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some are and some are not. Like the marbled/mottled ones, those tend to lean shimmery but the solid ones are more matte.

      Delete
  10. I cant find black radience in az either. But the mousse mascara looks intersting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw those Revlon FrenchMix polishes the other day. Over the Moon is definitely the prettiest to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the mascara, and it is great. It is more natural looking, I am guessing because of the gel/mousse mix. But I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually bought a trio and a quad from the new Covergirl collection. And I'd LOVE to try that Maybelline mascara! :) I'm a big fan of Maybelline for mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those new CG eyeshadows look nice! I'm glad they finally changed the packaging since the lids always break off mine :/ I hope they are keeping most of the current colors since I have a couple of favorites (Urban Basics and Sheerly Nudes).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have found Black Radiance in some CVS, Walgreens and Walmart, including the 8 pan shadows as part of the permanent displays. Today I saw some value packs of 3 lipglosses (they are awesome) for $4.99, also 3 sheer lipcolors for $4.99, and mascara, liner and small cream shadow for $4.99 - this was at a Walgreens. Also, for those that can't find BR in stores, Walgreens has a decent selection of new products in their online store - not the best regular prices, but I think they send out 20% online coupons once in a while.
    I saw the Maybelline mascara in CVS the other day but couldn't stop to look closely. I'm looking forward to seeing the Cover Girl shadows! Thanks for all the great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw the Covergirl eyeshadow trios and quads at my Walgreens this morning as well as the Revlon dual ended nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excited CG has new trios and quads but have to see reviews first. My one love from the is sunset something (?) Trio... Love the look it gives me. I'm intrigued by that mascara andddd the black radiance stuff has been showing up little by little at my local CVS and Rite Aid! I have the 8 pans and love them but don't sleep on the glosses... I have one that is a unique shade and very pigmented so check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those Maybelline quads look cheap. Packaging downgrade. :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bought the Black Radiance 6 pans a few weeks back at 50% off when CVS had the Wet-N-Wild 6 pans on clearance for 50% off. I don't think they were suppose to be on sale. My CVS had just put them out. I think it was a computer glitch because I looked through the sale ad and Black Radiance was not on sale but you wont hear me complaining:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks so much for your reviews and info on brands that all can afford. most of the blogs focus primarily on MAC and other high end products. its is great to have a resource that provides reviews on products that most, if not, all can afford. "drug store" brands, in some instances, are owned by the high end companies!!! thanks so much for all you do and the readers who also help out with their finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to second that thanks. I belong to several blogs.. and have quite a few beauty subscriptions on YouTube. Everything else is 80-90% high end, and even when they do mention a drugstore product.. they hardly ever give a thorough review, much more than a passing mention... or they are extremely biased. It could be the best eyeshadow in the world, but they will bash the packaging... or the most mediocre high end one, but all they do is glow about it. As someone who never buys high end- I simply refuse to pay that much for cosmetics... your blog is invaluable, and a true treasure.

      Delete
  21. I own the Downtown Brown palette - whooooooaaa is it PIGMENTED!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I saw the Revlon nail polishes at Rite Aid yesterday along with the new CS foundation. I picked up the Over the Moon Duo and can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Found the CG eyeshadow at my Rite-aide (Denver, CO). The packaging is new and I really like it. One thing I did notice was that the colors in the trio were also located throughout the quads. The colors in the quads also appear in other quads, so you really don't have to buy all of them. I picked up 4. The quality is also good. I like the CG eyeshadow in general so I know I will not be disappointed with these.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sooo disappointed! I live in Miami. We don't have Rite-Aid. Our CVSs and Walgreens don't carry Black Radiance products. I shop all over, and the only Walgreens I found that had anything was up in the north end of the county, in an area that is predominantly African-American. I bought 3 products, and loved them...the face primer, a lipstick, and an eye-liner. I also went to another walgreens north of that area, and did you all know? CoverGirl's Queen Collection of Lip Perfection Lipsticks has an other 15-20 shades that don't exist in any other Lip Perfection Display! I bought 4 that day, and I love them to pieces!! I haven't seen them anywhere else. For reference, I am a brown-haired, brown-eyed Asian American, with light skin, and the colors in those collections (Cov. Grl and Black Radiance)fit me far better than most colors in any other regular (read "white") display. How can we get corporate headquarters to make these colors more readily available? It's not fair! ....sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be really great if stores would carry a selection of products for all skin tones... instead of segregating based on what they think their clientele would look like. I am fair, with light auburn hair, and I love several of the Black Radiance products... that primer is HG for me and I never want to be without it...

      I did a quick search for you and there are two Walmarts, one in North Miami Beach and another in Miami Gardens that stock BR. Also a Walgreens at 1 E FLAGLER ST, MIAMI, FL 33131
      Phone (305) 371-5868 ... I hope that helps. Both of these stores websites have product locators if anyone else is looking in their area.

      Delete
    2. Maybe you should contact the store manager and ask them to carry Black Radiance in their store that is closer to you. It is really not their fault that they don't carry it. Walgreens and other drugstores cater to the community based on the composition of the neighborhood and what are they more likely to buy. If there is no demand, then why would they stock it?

      Delete
    3. Wow! Unknown, you've gone above and beyond to help me, and I really appreciate it! I'm going to plan for a trip to those stores, and look at what they have. When I went to the Black Radiance website, the same day I made my comment, they listed several Walgreens close to me as carrying Black Radiance, but they are mistaken. I hope the trips to Wal-Mart pan out, because now I'm all excited. You rock. Thank you!!! =) Oh, and Shalimar, I think I'm going to follow your suggestion. Since I live amongst plenty of Hispanic neighbors, I'm sure they could also benefit from having a wider variety of color cosmetics available. Great idea!

      Delete
    4. You are very welcome. I live in an area where we have very few stores, and the ones we have are pretty terrible about their selection of products.. plus they hardly ever get LE items... so I know what it is like to really want something yet be unable to find it. Glad I helped.

      Delete
  25. woot! please review the Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush Mascara! I'm looking for a new one to try out!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig