Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Review: Bodycology Enchanted Forest Body Cream & Shower Gel (and a special holiday promotion)

Before I get into this review of the newest scent from Bodycology, I want to share a fun promotion that just hit my in-box:

Click here to print your $1 off Bodycology coupon.

Since Enchanted Forest, the newest scent from Bodycology, is featured in this promotion, it's perfect timing that I have actually been testing out the Enchanted Forest Body Cream and Shower Gel for the past few weeks now.


Bodycology Body Cream in Enchanted Forest (retail: $3.99, 8 oz)
Bodycology Shower Gel & Bubble Bath in Enchanted Forest (retail: $3.99, 16 oz)





If you are a fan of Bath & Body Works Twilight Woods (one of my favorites), then I'm willing to bet that you're going to enjoy Enchanted Forest. They are not identical, but Enchanted Forest is definitely in the same ballpark. Described as an "alluring blend of jasmine, nutmeg and musk", I can definitely detect all three notes in this fragrance and I love that the nutmeg give it a little touch of spice. If you're generally drawn to sweet, creamy florals that have a bit of spice to them, this might be a great choice for you. I  think it's a fitting scent for wintertime and the holidays.

As for the Body Cream, like I mentioned in my Island Coconut review, this is a nice, thick, rich cream thiat is nice for arms and legs this time of year. I think it might be a bit too heavy for the hands (unless you're applying right before bedtime), but it's quite nice for feet and legs. I find that it lasts all day on my legs, which is always a great thing.

I've been using the Shower Gel & Bubble Bath in my shower for the past few weeks (I haven't tried it as bubble bath--sorry, I'm not a bath gal). When I apply this product to my bath pouf, it creates lots of bubbles. The lather this product produces is light and airy (as opposed to dense and creamy) but I find that I don't require a lot of gel to produce enough lather to cleanse my entire body.

I find the fragrance of the Body Cream to be a bit stronger than the fragrance of the Shower Gel, but neither one is terribly strong or overpowering.

FINAL VERDICT: Enchanted Forest is a lovely new edition to the Bodycology family. If you're a fan of BBW Twilight Woods, I think you'll enjoy this one. While not an exact duplication, it's in the same general ballpark. Fans of creamy florals that contain a hint of spice will probably enjoy Enchanted Forest--I think it's a wonderful fragrance for winter and the holiday season.

You can purchase Bodycology products at Target, Ulta, Walmart, Walgreens and other retail locations across the country.

Have you spotted Enchanted Forest in your area yet? What are you favorite fragrances from Bodycology?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I'm having a hard time finding this now. It seems to be a hit here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the Enchanted Forest Body Wash several weeks ago, and I LOVE IT!! It also immediately reminded me of Twilight Woods, but BETTER. And since you aren't a bath gal :) I'll just let you know - it makes fantastic bubbles!! Like, bubbles on overflow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this today! A coworker of mine has been wearing BBW Twilight Woods lately and I adore the scent (it's soooo sexy) but I can't wear anything by BBW because everything they make gives me hives. I was shopping at Ulta today and came across Enchanted Forest and bought the last bottle of the body mist after I sprayed a little to smell. I immediately fell in love and a woman who was walking by the isle commented on how good it smelled to her too. I came right home to shower and spray this stuff alllll over!!! The hubs won't be able to keep his hands off of me!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig