Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Lipstick League – week of 9.26.11

The famous "Rotating Home" atop Mt. Helix, September 2011

Last week I showed you a picture taken atop Mt. Helix, located here in sunny San Diego. Well, Mr. G and I took so many fun pics that day that I thought I'd turn it into a little series for the next few weeks. So today I wanted to show you the famous "Rotating Home" that sits atop Mt. Helix. It's a round house that spins (slowly) to give its residents a 360 view of San Diego. It's pretty amazing. In fact, this famous home even has its own website (apparently it's going to be featured soon on MTV Unique Cribs, which I didn't even know was a show).

The Lipstick League Question of the Week: 

What eyeshadow in your stash do you currently reach for the most?

G's Answer: I tend to latch on to one shadow and use it for several weeks until I grow tired of it, and then I latch on to the next (or revisit an old one). Currently I'm revisiting Revlon Nude Slip, which is one of the easiest colors for me to wear, ever.

Links of the Week:

Gouldylox Reviews – Embrace the wearable fall trends. My favorite this week is orange!

Krasey Beauty – Check out what is hot in beauty at Barneys New York!

Lipglossiping – shoots for the stars with a Leighton Denny nail colour that’s quite frankly, out of this world!

Nouveau Cheap – finds her new favorite gold nail color in L’Oreal’s Project Runway Collection.

Pink Sith – has fallen in love with yet ANOTHER nude lipstick. This time it’s Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick in Whisper!

Prime Beauty – is giving away The Anastasia Beauty Express Kit for Brows & Eyes ($39). Let Brow Maven Anastasia of Beverly Hills shape your brows and enhance your eye area with the included stencils!

Phyrra – disseminates this month’s Independent Spotlight about the darkly delightful Distorria and Detrivore Cosmetics!

Vampy Varnish – Is obsessed with one of the newDeborah Lippmann Holiday 2011 nail colors

we heart this – were whisked to NYC for makeovers with the John Frieda team! Check out Stef and Tyna’s transformations.

Beauty Junkies Unite – See why Amber just can’t get enough of the new Body Butter Body Washes from Softsoap in Strawberry Smoother and Coconut Scrub!

Clumps of Mascara – has found the world’s best tasting lipgloss. Not that she’d go around eating it for dessert, of course.

EauMG – reviews a natural fragrance that smells like a yummy tropical marzipan by Providence Perfumes.


What eyeshadow in your stash do you currently reach for the most?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Deborah Lippman's Good Girl Gone Bad looks like it could be easily duped by wet'n'wild's Fantasy Makers Purple Potion! Just based on price, I think I'd go with wet'n'wild; I can't understand paying $16 for a bottle of nail polish. :l

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have rediscovered E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow in Socialite. LOVE this shade!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig