Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, September 11, 2011

Swatchfest: Milani Limited Edition MEWOW Look at My Nails collection

A couple weeks ago I posted the press info about the new Milani MEWOW Look at My Nails collection, which should be popping up at Walgreens stores across the country by now (you can also order these polishes online).

Today I'd like to show you all of the colors in this LE collection, including the LE Krackle Top Coat.

As I stated before, most of these shades are brand new, while a few were originally part of the Summer 2011 LE collection. There is one shade in MEWOW that is not featured in this post, and that is Purple Rush (which was originally part of the Summer collection). You can see my swatches of Purple Rush here.

New shades: Brisk Orange, Fast Fuchsia, Blue Lightening, Flashy Silver
Previously released shades: Racy Green, Purple Rush

 *not pictured: Purple Rush. To see swatches of Purple Rush, please click here.

In my opinion, the most "complicated" shade in the MEWOW collection is Blue Lightening, because it contains (glass?) flecks of violet purple and blue. This shade really dances in the sunlight:


Some swatches (again, apologies for the nail wheel--my cuticles are almost healed!). All swatches were photographed after three coats (most required two coats for good opacity but I did three because of the sheer nature of the nail wheel) and no top coat:


In this pic, you can see the purple a bit more in Blue Lightening (look toward the top of the nail):



And finally, here's a pic taken indoors with artificial lighting. You can really see the gold in Brisk Orange:


There's also an LE Krackle Top Coat in the MEWOW collection (the Krackle only comes in black):


I think the Krackle looks great on top of all of the shades in this collection:





I hope this post helps those of you considering purchasing any of these new LE shades from Milani. Remember, if you don't spot them at your local drugstores, you can always get them online.

Do you already own any of these shades? If so, which ones do you have and how do you like them?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I think I might buy the crackle polish! I like the way it shaters a lot better then the way OPI shatters and I love OPI!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty colors but stinks that you had to use three coats since on the bottle it clearly states one coat. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the crackle over that silver! thanks for the swatches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors and the crackle polish too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that cracked really well. Perhaps I need ANOTHER black crackle?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So how strong was the duochrome in Blue Lightning?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks nice but I don't see anything as a must have. Maybe if I see more swatches from other bloggers and youtube I might change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the display of these at my local CVS, and wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to purchase any. Nothing really jumped out at me. Looking at these swatches, I'm thinking I might have to go out and buy Brisk Orange.

    How was the quality/goopiness of the crackle? Not that I really need another black crackle. The trend's getting kind of tired and worn out at this point anyway. But I do love Milani's nail polishes.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig