Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Free shipping at Milani Cosmetics (and a look at the LE High Speed Fast Dry One Coat Formula Nail Lacquers)

Before I get into these swatches, I want to thank many of you for bringing it to my attention that Milani is offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders, now through Friday (8/5). If you can't find the fabulous baked blushes in your area (I know many of you are interested in getting Luminoso), now's a great time to pick some up!

Also, the Milani website currently has almost all of their summer limited edition products available for purchase, which I have covered extensively on this blog. Click here to see the LE Paint Eyeshadow Palette and here to see the Haute Flash Full Coverage Shimmer Lipglosses. (I don't see the LE Color Streaks on their site, but I've spotted them at CVS lately if you're interested in those).

Which brings me to the last remaining Milani summer LE collection I have yet to review, the High Speed Fast Dry One Coat Formula Nail Lacquers! I'm glad I could get these swatches up before the free shipping sale ends--I hope this helps some of you who might be debating on whether or not to purchase any of these! There are eight shades in this collection and I received four of them for review.

All of the following swatches were photographed after two coats and no top coat:


 Yellow Whiz
(retail: $3.99)


I crack up every time I see the name of this polish! Anyway...I'm here to tell you that I agree with all of the other bloggers who have said that this is the least streaky yellow they've ever encountered. This is two coats. Of yellow. When was the last time you saw this kind of coverage after two coats of yellow polish? I know, right? I did have slight bubbling on my middle nail, but I think that was mostly because I used pretty thick coats (which I'm always prone to do with yellows since they're usually so streaky). Such a fun, primary color yellow creme!

 Hot Pink Frenzy
(retail: $3.99)


Hot pinks are tricky for me to capture in photographs, and this one's got a pretty, hidden shimmer to it that you just can't see in these pics. The one critique I have about Hot Pink Frenzy is that I did experience some bubbling on all of my nails with this one. I don't know if that had to do with how thick my coats were or if it's a general issue with this polish shade. If you own this one, I'd love to know if you experienced bubbling too.

 Purple Rush
(retail: $3.99)


My favorite color of the bunch, this deep purple is SO much prettier in person. Forgive my lack of polish knowledge, but I think there's reddish-pink glass flecks in this one (could be micro-glitter; I'm horrible at telling the difference). But whatever it is, it gives this purple that "lit from within" look that we all love so much.  Also, this one looks bumpier than it feels. It smoothed out beautifully after one coat of top coat (I didn't want to take pics with top coat because I wanted you to see how these look without any help).

 Instantaneous Blue
(retail: $3.99)


This lovely blue shimmer was a SNAP to apply. The easiest of the bunch, actually. The flow of this polish was perfect, it was effortless to control and the consistency was beautiful as well. My only critique is that I probably could have used a third coat for complete opacity, however I actually wouldn't mind applying another coat because this one was such a joy to use. Oh! And how could I forget: this one flashes violet-pink when the light hits it just so.

Some other things to note about these polishes:
  • The brushes in this collection are flatter and wider than regular Milani polishes. Not as flat or wide as the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure brushes, but there is a noticeable difference when compared to standard Milani brushes.
  • The "fast dry" claim is definitely true with these. When painting my nails, I find that the first nail I polish is pretty much completely dry by the time I'm done painting my tenth nail. 
Do you plan to take advantage of the free shipping offer at milanicosmetics.com? If so, what are you thinking about ordering?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I'm going over to the website to order Hot Pink Frenzy and Purple Rush right now! Oh and the Haute Flash lipglosses too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do plan on taking advantage of the free shipping and I plan on purchasing some of the LE glosses and Fast-Dry polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally already took advantage of the free shipping. I ordered the new paint wheel eyeshadow, a polish from the vintage collection, and the purple nail art polish. It was like three or four days ago.. I don't remember, but they still haven't shipped it yet, so they must be backed up. But I'm still excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the swatches! I'm getting the purple and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Instaneous Blue really has a pink/violet flash to it??? Wow I cant see it at all in photos so going to have to check it out if I ever get to CVS!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig