Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A (much) closer look at the Maybelline Fashion Week Fall 2011 collection (pic heavy)

I spotted the main Maybelline Fashion Week display at my local Rite Aid (please click here to see what the full displays look like) and as luck would have it, my pal Jess also spotted this display and was kind enough to share some pics as well (including pics of the items she purchased). I think we've got everything covered now, in case you haven't spotted these goodies in your area yet!

For a closer look at the nail colors in this collection, please click here.

There are two Lasting Drama Gel Liners in this collection:
Forest
Sapphire





image credit for all of the following photos: Jess for Nouveau Cheap

Two nail colors
 (click here for the separate polish display with more shades)

Natural beauty
Sultry Siren



Four Eyestudio quads:
Makeover Mocha
Strut It Suede
Green With Fashion
Sapphire Stylist





Jess purchased some products from this collection and was kind enough to give us a much closer look:

Three baked blushes:
Pressworthy Pink
Ravishing Rouge
Stage Glow




Four ColorSensational lipsticks:
Designer Pink
Beige Bombshell
Red Haute
Must Have Mauve





I think that covers it! I hope this helps those of you who are on the lookout for this collection. I wanted to give you a better idea of what's available, and I never could have done it without the help of Jess, beautifulmonday and Kallie, who have all contributed photos to these posts. Thanks SO much, ladies!

Have you spotted/purchased anything from the Maybelline Fashion Week Fall 2011 collection yet? Any favorites or must-haves?
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I got three of the eye quads and then a couple of the duo chrome nail polishes that were in the other display....oh and four color sensational lipsticks in yet another display. Fred Meyer must have had six independent Maybelline displays last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got the pink blush today-- gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! The mauve lipstick is to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There isn't a fourth blush? Did they just double up on one of the colors in the display?

    I am dying to get the two gel liners! I love the black one that I already have, the eggplant/purple is okay. It's not as pigmented so I have to go over the line at least twice and usually three times for a nice bold look, but for daytime you'd want a less harsh line anyway, so I'm not all that disappointed and willing to give that lovely green and blue a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a heads up for those who might be interested in Designer Pink (like I was!), it is gritty in texture and frosty in finish - and it made me look like a corpse! I'm usually a major nude lip lover, but this was awful. Beige Bombshell read very brown on my lips as well (I'm NW15/20 for reference). I was disappointed! The Forest liner is GORGEOUS, though! A blackened teal green - love!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. makeover mocha looks similar to naked and buck from the naked palette

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just purchased the blushes and they are so pretty! There is a ton of sparkle, but not overwhelming! This is a great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I purchased ravishing rouge[blush], beige bombshell[lipstick] and forrest[eyeliner] I absolutely LOVE all of them and can't wait to get more tonight. The walgreens by my church is the only place I've been able to find this collection (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOO, I must pick up that gel liner in Sapphire!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I purchased bombshell beige lipstick and green with fashion eye quad a couple of weeks ago. I wear the lipstick with a gloss, I'm an nc44 in MAC. I've tried the quad and it's not that bad. I found the items at my local Rite-Aid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw these at Rite Aid couple days ago and will go back for the blushes and highlighter, and definitely that mauve lippie! I already had the Forest liner that I got from a LE display at Walgreens a few months ago and haven't seen since so glad it's back. It's amazing- way better than the purple which I found less pigmented too, love it. Still looking for a good purple gel liner though, oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. p.s yes, they doubled up the red blush; there are only three that I saw, At least that's how the display was labeled and set up in my store.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I personally love "Natural Beauty"! It's very much like San-Tan-Tonio by OPI, IMO.

    I haven't found swatches yet, but perhaps I'll dip my toes in the nail polish blog-o-sphere and post swatches of my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think i want the pink blush and the makeover mocha quad and the mauve lipstick. SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Steff. It's odd to me that they didn't come up with four shades of blush for four slots in the display, unless they expect that red blush to be the big seller, maybe?

    I still haven't come across this display anywhere near me and getting a little nervous that my rite aid and walgreens never will. I want those liners! Also I may want those blushes, will have to go check around for swatches reviews. Maybelline can be hit or miss with their blushes but it sounds like this time they got it right.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got the "Strut It Suede" quad. It has beautiful shades of brown, some are matte some are sparkly. It looks like the perfect colors for fall. I also am just getting into Maybelline silk eye shadows and their color explosion collection. They are supposed to be just like Asian makeup, which makes it different than the average drugstore eyeshadow. I'm into it now. xD

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig