Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Lipstick League – week of 7.11.11

 A French cruller with strawberry icing

I don't really know why I'm sharing this picture, other than to remind myself of the sheer bliss I encountered when I ate this lovely French cruller the other day. French crullers are what we beauty junkies would call my "Holy Grail" of doughnuts. For me, it just doesn't get any better than a French cruller with strawberry icing. Mmm mmm!

Lipstick League Question of the Week: 

What’s the most you’ve ever spent on a beauty product?

G's Answer: Hum...well, it's been a LONG time since I really indulged in a super expensive beauty product, but I guess it would have to be when I bought my last bottle of Chantecaille Frangipane perfume. I think I paid $125 for it several years ago (it's now $175...yikes!).


Links of the Week:


Lipglossiping – champions the Brit pack with a couple of purchases from Mary Quant Cosmetics, ironically… made in Japan!

Nouveau Cheap – There’s a surprising little twist to the new Wet n Wild Juicy Lip Balms. What could it be?

Orange to LA – has been smitten with another blush, this time it is Giorgio Armani Blushing Fabric #5 Raspberry. Find out if you need this blush in your collection!

Pink Sith – has pictures and swatches of the Nordstrom Annual Sale EXCLUSIVE Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Rose Tourbillon. Something to add to your shopping list!

Phyrra – has an awesome Vampirella liner tutorial for you!

Vampy Varnish – loves the new Wet n Wild Nail Color Collection called Mermaid’s Cove ! Which are your favs?

we heart this – Our beauty scientist put Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner to the test. Did it pass with flying colors, or running streaks?

Beauty Junkies Unite – Amber reviews some of the July exclusive Limited Edition Milani High Speed Fast Dry Nail Lacquers to see how they perform!


What's the most YOU have ever spent on a beauty product?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You're so funny G!!! My holy grail of donuts is Krispy Creme! I get really happy when I eat it haha.

    The most I've spent on a beauty product would have to be a NARS blush?? I think! I spent $30 for a dang Nars Blush in Orgasm. It's worth it, or that's what I like to tell myself ^_^.

    Then I remember buying a Dior lipstick, but I quickly returned it the next day lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I bought a mineral foundation at an Arbonne party. That set me back $32. I don't even use it that often.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig