Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, July 17, 2011

My favorite pink polish EVER

If there's one thing you all probably know about me when it comes to nail color, I'm not a traditional pink, red and purple kind of gal. I love blues, greens, taupes, and those types of non-traditional shades the most, but I can't deny that a bright pink or classic red looks gorgeous on toes or fingers every once in a while.

That said, today I'd like to show you my all-time favorite pink polish.


OPI Pink Flamenco, which was from the Fall 2009 Coleccion de España, is my absolute perfect pink. In fact, Coleccion de España might be one of my very favorite collections from OPI ever. You can check out swatches of the entire collection over at Scrangie's blog here.

(Note: I adjusted the color of this polish for accuracy in post-editing; my skin does not have this blue tone to it in real life--in fact this color is very flattering to my skintone, and I think it would be flattering for a variety of skintones)

Scrangie describes Pink Flamenco as a "hot blue-toned pink" and I of course agree. What I specifically love about Pink Flamenco is that the blue isn't so heavy that it pushes it into the territory of OPI My Auntie Drinks Chianti. Don't get me wrong--I love My Auntie Drinks Chianti and I went gaga for it like everyone else when it first came out, but now that we've become inundated with dupes (Wet n Wild Through the Grapevine, NYC MoMA, I could go on and on), I've sort of grown tired of the pinkish-purple-wine colors that are all over the marketplace now. Pink Flamenco manages to keep that blue undertone but not go too far into the purplish-wine category, and that's why it's my favorite pink ever. On the other end of the spectrum, I'm not a big fan of hot pinks with a lot of orange to them, which is another reason I love this polish so darned much.

Oh, and another important factor which makes this my perfect pink is that, on the nail, it's not one of those super bright attention-grabbing pinks. You could absolutely wear this one to the office (apologies if it looks extremely bright in my photos--pinks are incredibly difficult for my camera to capture).

I purchased OPI Pink Flamenco at a local beauty supply, so I know it's still out there if you want to grab a bottle. You can also purchase it on drugstore.com, Amazon, and the various polish websites like Transdesign, etc.

What's YOUR favorite pink polish?

The product featured in this post was purchased with personal funds.
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. My favorite pink nail color is Rimmel's Lasting Finish Pro nail polish in Posh Pink. It's gorgeous and applies like a dream! Gotta love the $4 price tag too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great pink but not the best to me ^^"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite too!! I left my bottle on my windowsill for some reason thought last year, and it made it look weird in the bottle, but it's still perfect on the nail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why have I not seen this beauty before? *swoon!*

    My favorite pink is OPI's Shoot-Out at the OK Coral. It's from an old collection, sometime in the 90's (I did a blog post on it last month). It's coral pink with blue-ish shimmer and it screams Poolside! It's Black Label, that's how long I've had it, and I hoard it like gold. I know OPI re-released it a few years ago so it's not too hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty one! My all time favorite pink is OPI Pink Me I'm Good, which was a LE for Ulta for Valentine's Day. Of course, it has glitter in it. I don't much care for pinks, but it's got to have a wow factor for me - Zoya Kiki is second on my list. I don't like orange leaning pinks or reds on my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Such a lovely pink!! I must check it out. My favorite pink shades keep changing & right now it is Zoya's Flora :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah, CURSES! I liked the fact that we didn't have to click "see more" to read the entire post! It makes it so much easier. D:

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite pink is China Glaze Strawberry Fields. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty pink I see why it's your fav my all time fav is china glaze strawberry fields but I think I need to buy pink flamenco.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super pretty pink I see why it's your fav my all time fav pink is china glaze strawberry fields but im thinking I need to buy pink flamenco

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not even a nail girl but you are always so persuasive. This is really pretty and bright. Love it on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty pink. Will have to check out.

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  13. My fav is china glaze rich & famous! It's similar to the opi you featured. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My fav pink is China Glaze Rich & Famous. It's pretty similar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am chiming in with La Vie en Rose by Milani! Got the recommendation here and it is my absolutely favorite pink!I think though I am going to take a peek at Strawberry Fields!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig