Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, May 13, 2011

Spotted: more new products from CoverGirl!

There are three new products from CoverGirl on the horizon, and I've got pics of the displays to share with you! These products don't "officially" launch until July, but two of my fabulous readers have already spotted them in their areas and were kind enough to share pics with us. I am so excited about one product in particular that I can hardly contain myself (more on that in a bit)!

I posted about the new CoverGirl NatureLuxe Mascara earlier this week, but here's a refresher:

image credit: Georgiana for Nouveau Cheap

My lovely reader Georgiana spotted this display at her local Walmart recently, and I believe some of you have also spotted this mascara at your local Walmarts as well.

But that's not all! My longtime reader and pal BeautifulMonday spotted two additional new CoverGirl products recently at her local Bed Bath & Beyond:

image credit for the following photos: BeautifulMonday for Nouveau Cheap

CoverGirl Intense Shadow Blast Eyecolor (with built-in primer)

And last but certainly not least:

CoverGirl Lash Perfection Mascara

I am SO EXCITED about this new Lash Perfection Mascara, and let me tell you exactly why: my holy grail mascara for many years was Max Factor Lash Perfection Volume Couture Mascara. After P&G decided to stop selling Max Factor in the US a few years ago, I thought I had seen the last of this amazing mascara. Well, did you notice that this new CoverGirl mascara is called LASH PERFECTION? Yep. I obviously have no way of knowing for sure, but it definitely looks like P&G decided to bring back this AMAZING product under the CoverGirl brand. And if that's true, well then I'm the happiest gal in the world right now. A long-lost holy grail product, back in my loving arms? It's too good to be true!

If you'd like more information about the new NatureLuxe Mascara or Intense Shadow Blast Eyecolor check out the lovely Amber's post here (her post includes product images and detailed info about the formulas and shades so it's definitely worth a read!).

Are you excited to try any of these new offering from CoverGirl?

Thanks again, BeautifulMonday and Georgiana, for the great pics and scoop!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. hmmm, you know, coincidentally someone on MUA today (who lives in the UK I believe and still have access to Max Factor), commented that they had a firm belief or inside knowledge that the CG products are exactly like the old MF stuff, especially the mascaras. Hopefully you can find your beloved Lash Perfection again after all G! I hope they bring back the 2000 Calories myself:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm a huge fan of your blog. I never comment because I'm an iPod touch user and it's difficult for me but I had to post something about this.
    It's not my intention to ruffle feathers so to speak but covergirl tests on animals. :( I don't want to be a downer or ruin the fun. I know covergirl has some good quality makeup but I just can't support animal testing like that... Like I said I'm really sorry if this upsets anybody Its not my intention. I just can't stand covergirl :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly, I almost peed my pants when I saw this post.

    I recently started using my old tube of Max Factor Volume Couture again and fell in love. But I was fearful since I wouldn't be able to replace it. I heard that CoverGirl Volume Exact was the dupe for it, but the reviews on MUA say it's not as good.
    If this is the real deal, I can stop looking.

    Thanks so much for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have to admit, i am very curious about the natureluxe mascara and also this built-in primer claim on the cream shadows. (i'm so skeptical about cream shadows.)

    i had no idea that the lash Perfection mascara was possibly a revamp of your HG! how exciting!!! i really hope it IS the same one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not much of a Cover Girl fan but will def look at the new Lash Blast Eye Color. I checked it out before and didnt like the colors! Hope your hunt for the holy grail is a success G! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAAAAAAY, G! *hugs* I bet you're right! I'm so glad for you that they are bringing back your HG! CG mascaras are my HGs, so you can bet I'll be trying these! Awesomesauce!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So awesome, actually can't wait to try the new Shadowblasts, the previous ones did not work well in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought that the NatureLuxe mascara was already available at Walmart? Can someone confirm this, so I can save on gas before going hunting for it? I am dying to try it, as the foundation and gloss balm is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steffy: Thanks for the info! I obviously can't verify that this is true, but since the words "Lash Perfection" are in the title of BOTH mascaras, I'm hoping and praying that the formula will be the same as the Max Factor version. *fingers crossed*

    alikitty: I always welcome opinions on this blog, so I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to say what you did. I understand your frustration with companies who practice animal testing, but please know that I try to cover all affordable brands on this blog and leave ethical decisions up to each individual reader. The choice to support or not support *any* brand (for whatever reason) is a personal choice for each of us. In my posts, I never say "buy this" or "don't buy this" because I respect your choice as an individual. While I definitely respect your views, I would consider voicing your concerns directly with COVERGIRL who would better be able to hear your voice. Thanks again for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angelica: LOL!! I am SO glad that someone else is as excited as I am about this. And I'm SO glad you brought up Volume Exact. THANK YOU! When I first tried Volume Exact a few years ago, I *thought* it was the same as Volume Couture, but the more I used it the more I realized that it wasn't quite the same. So thanks for bringing that up, because I totally forgot to mention it in my post. xo

    beautifulmonday: Thanks again for totally making my day, girlie! :D And yes, I'm sooo curious about those cream shadows too. If the primer part truly works, I'm all over it!

    robin: Awww, thank you, sweetie! You are an absolute doll. :) xo

    femputer: thank you, honey!! I'm so happy you can understand my excitement. :) And if you try it, please please let me know what you think, ok? Thanks!

    myhighestself: I'm sorry you didn't have good luck with the original stick ones--I hope these work much better for you! :)

    Meg: The NatureLuxe mascara HAS been spotted at Walmarts (I mentioned that in this post) but I can't confirm that it's now in ALL Walmart locations. I would call ahead to your local Walmart and see if they have it before you drive out there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I spotted these at Meijer just this week and almost got the Shadowblast liquid eyeshadow because I'm loving creme/liquid eyeshadows right now but I'm leery of a drugstore one so I'll wait for reviews, especially since the creme stick thing in the line is crease-city.

    Kinda think I'll try the mascara if I can find a brown.

    ReplyDelete
  12. btw G, your new thumbnail is SO gorge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd really like to know what happened to Cover Girl's nail polishes. I'm still seeing them in stores, but there are none shown on their site. I'm really hoping for a revamp.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig