Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Lipstick League - week of 4.4.11

 

There's a deli here in San Diego that carries every single indie-owned soda brand you can think of, including Judge Wapner Root Beer. This is a real brand--I kid you not! When I saw it, I just had to try it, and it's delicious! If you're too young to remember Judge Wapner, he was the original judge on The People's Court, long before Judge Marilyn Milian (who I love!). So anyway, that's my pic of the week. Judge Wapner Root Beer rules!

Question of the Week:
What’s your skin care routine?

G's Answer:

I've been switching it up a lot lately because I'm testing all sorts of skincare products for the blog, but here's what I'm using right now:

1) In the morning I wash my face with L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Sensitive Skin Formula or Biore Marshmallow Foaming Cleanser, depending how dirty my skin feels.

2) Exfoliate with Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub (testing for the blog) 3x a week.

3) Apply Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Serum (testing for the blog) over entire face and neck.

4) If the weather is warm, that's it for moisturizer. If the weather is colder, I apply Alpha Hydrox Sheer Silk Moisturizer SPF15 (testing for the blog).

5) At night, I either remove my makeup with Rite Aid Tugaboo baby wipes and CVS's version of Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover (the lazy route) or wash my face with L'Oreal Go 360 Clean for Sensitive Skin at the bathroom sink.

6) For nighttime moisturizer, I'm currently testing out Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream.

EauMG - What flower makes you think of spring? Here’s a review of pretty British line Penhaligon’s Lily of the Valley.

Nouveau Cheap - Shows you exactly why the new Milani Baked Blushes live up to their hype.

Lipglossiping - wonders if O.P.I’s mini collection of flower-themed polishes will have you scrabbling to paint yourselves PINK this Summer?!

Orange to LA -  Finds a new fun way to dye your hair with Clairol Nice n' Easy Color Blend Foam. Shake it, Foam it, Love it!

Pink Sith - Joeybunny on the Pink Sith Blog gives you an Introduction to Concrete Minerals. Read at your own risk because after you do, you’ll be buying them too!

Phyrra  - tells you about CandyLens.com & Geo Angel Circle Lenses! See if you like them!

Vampy Varnish - MAC Primed for Perfection, are you primed and ready?

we heart this -  we ask “how cute?” MAC answers - “quite!” Our MAC Quite Cute photos, swatches and review

Beauty Junkies Unite -  reviews the newest mascara from Too Faced, Size Queen Mascara. Look at that brush!

Clumps of Mascara - is absolutely loving E.L.F.’s makeup brushes. $3 for a skunk for a skunk brush? Wowsers!

What's your skincare routine?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. My skincare routine isn't nearly as fun as I'd like! I somehow got stuck with adult acne, so almost all my products are prescription. I do use cetaphil cream (on my dermatologist's recommendation) & also use baby wipes to take off my makeup at night. Thanks, G, you got me onto that idea - it is SO much better than soap & water cleaning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love root beer! Have you seen those home brew beer making kits? I bought one like that but you make root beer instead and it turned out so good! I need to make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mind if I ask which deli? I really love good root beer! Oh, and if you ever go to any of the Pizza Ports here in town you must try their microbrewed root beer - it's almost enough to keep me from ordering their beer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know which deli also :) The bf and I are always looking for new places in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Biore marshmallow cleanser! I'm currently using the entire Yes to Cucumbers line for my cleansing and moisturizing (even the eyes!). I also use Murad's AHA/BHA exfoliating cleanser 1x/week.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use Dove for nightly cleansing and retin -a overnight every other night and alpha hydrox souffle the other nights. Mornings consist of Dove soap and then Argon Oil, when that sinks in I use a serum that "lifts" right now I am using Garnier that rolls on and not thrilled with it...any suggestions out there for skin that needs a little boost?

    ReplyDelete
  7. G, how are you liking the micro-sculpting serum by Olay? Ive been curious to try it or Loreal Youth Code Serum Intense.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig