Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, January 23, 2011

Review: Milani Marbleized Baked Eyeshadows in Intermix and Drenched in Gold

The new Milani Melange Infusion of Colors baked eyeshadow collection caused quite a stir (along with the new polishes, etc.) when the displays started showing up at CVS back in late November/early December.  For those of you who missed that, this new shadow collection is actually going to be part of the core collection (not limited edition) and it's comprised of two different finishes: Metallic Baked Eyeshadows and Marbleized Baked Eyeshadows.

A while back I showed you one of the Metallics--the lovely reddish-copper I Heart You (click here for that review) and today I'm delighted to be able to show you two of the Marbleized Baked Eyeshadows that I recently received for review:

 Milani Marbleized Baked Eyeshadows
Intermix (left)
Drenched in Gold (right)
(retail: $6.99, 0.05 oz)


I have to come clean with you for a moment. Don't get me wrong--I LOVE all the bright, vivid eyeshadow colors we're seeing lately at the drugstore. But when it comes to what I reach for during the work week, Intermix and Drenched in Gold are far more my speed. I love soft washes of earthtone shades on my eyes, and I am especially loving Intermix


The above swatches were taken with and without primer (the primer I used for these pics was Urban Decay Primer Potion). As you can see, without primer, these both could be used as highlight/browbone shades. But with primer, I think they become lid shades. The swatches with flash (on the right) are much more true to life in terms of what I see with my naked eye. If you look closely at Intermix, I think you can see that it has a very subtle peachy-pink flash to it--it's truly stunning in person.  And Drenched in Gold is just that--it's a lovely true, gold shimmer.

Both shades do contain both shimmer and sparkle, and I did experience a tiny bit of fallout during application. I didn't find it excessive but it is something you should watch out for if you're new to baked shadows. I'm horrible when it comes to managing fallout, so if it wasn't excessive for me, then those who are more skilled might not see any fallout at all.

I'd also like to add that on the packaging it suggests to "Use WET to intensify or DRY for a softer look." I would definitely agree with this recommendation, and of course primer will give you a more intense look as well.

Final Verdict: I think these are some lovely offerings from Milani and if you're a baked shadow fan who also loves earthtones, you might adore these colors. They're nice for a sheer wash without primer (or to use on your browbone), but with primer these shades truly come alive and would make for great lid shades. Each shade does contain both shimmer and sparkle, but I do not find the fallout to be excessive. Depending on your brush and technique, you may have even better results. This earthtone-loving-gal is obsessed with Intermix, which I think looks deceptively plain in the pan, but just gorgeous when applied.

Have you purchased any of the new Milani Melange Infusion of Colors Baked Eyeshadows yet? I'd love to hear about your experiences!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. The colors are so pretty! I just wish I could commit to E/s every day. I love it for a week, then over it! Oh well there are alot of women out there that are going to love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really pretty! I wish I looked better in gold eyeshadow, even though I wear it anyway. I'm really cool-complected and the gold seems to clash with my skintone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bought intermix and i heart you a while ago. intermix is gorgeous foiled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. robin: Wow, that could be a costly habit for you! Hahah! I'm just the opposite--when I find a shade I fall in love with, I tend to wear it over and over again and neglect all the other shades in my stash. lol! :)

    Red lips, Black hair: So glad you like them too. :)

    Steph: I swear it's even prettier in person! :)

    Jessi: Aaaaah! See, I'm the opposite. Gold works well with my skintone so I *should* wear it more often, but I'm always trying to wear cooler shades since I've been wearing gold for years and years now. We always want what we can't have! haha!

    Sara: Yay!! So glad you like these too! And I will definitely have to try Intermix foiled! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful post! I got Intermix because of this review, and it hasn't let me down yet! It really is gorgeous, but I probably would have left it behind in favor of Drenched in Gold, which I also have.
    Just an update, I think that there are new shades out: Famous Duo and Together 4Ever, a beautiful black and red marbled and a blue and copper veined marbled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, WOW! Intermix MUST be mine!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig