Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, December 23, 2010

Spotted: New Rimmel Glam'Eyes Day 2 Night Mascara (don't spoil this for me!)

[PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE YOU LEAVE A COMMENT--THANK YOU SO MUCH!]

I have a confession to make: even I sometimes forget about drugstore sales. Today I woke up in a panic and remembered the great deal going on at CVS this week for Physicians Formula (spend $10 get $7 Extra Bucks). So I ran over there to pick up my holy grail foundation, and when I got my $7 in Extra Bucks, for once in my life I knew EXACTLY how I was going to spend it. I turned around and bought one of these:

New Rimmel Glam'Eyes Day 2 Night Mascara
(retail: $8.49 at CVS)


I know, right? How in the HECK does this work? Are there two separate brushes in ONE tube? Are there two separate formulas in one tube? Or maybe the brush changes depending on which cap you pull from??

If you already own this or have seen it on another blog: PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME HOW IT WORKS IN THE COMMENTS! I don't want to spoil the suspense! I bought it today, so I'm going to try it first thing in the morning and I just really want to discover how this works for myself (and then share it with you, of course).

These pics from the display only add to the mystery:


Are those two separate brushes? Or maybe it's an adjustable brush like this? Or maybe the caps control how much mascara is distributed onto the brush? Or both? I just don't know what to expect when I open up this tube. I'm weird, I know, but it's kind of exciting (hey, you know I'm a sucker for a good gimmick).

So I will post my review, with a detailed explanation of how this works, in the very near future. Until then, have you spotted this display in your area? Historically, Rimmel mascaras have not worked well for me, but this one was way too intriguing to pass up. Plus, I only paid $1.49 for it, so it was kind of a no-brainer.
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. That packaging is super hot! They know how to get to me with the hot pink and black.

    I really hope it's as magical as it looks in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. It looks like a dupe for MAC's haute and naughty mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there :)
    Do u happen to know when the offer on Physician Formula ends?
    THankie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks just like mac's Haute and naughty lash! I know how that one works but i won't spoil it for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good! Can't wait to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, can you please hurry? Because now I'm dying to know! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. as someone already posted, it looks exactly like the mac haute one! i havent tried that one but i get how it works ...but i wont tell hehe =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i cant wait for a review on this! Kudos for not trying it out the second it got home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow cool! just like Mac's. maybe ill try this one since i dont like over spending on mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i got this today!
    and if you already know how the macs haute and naughty lash mascara works, then I'm pretty sure you know how this one works too

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot find this mascara anywhere!!! dying to try it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whatever it is, I just HOPE it is not the same way how the 3-in-1 mascara operates from Flower Cosmetics. I haaate that mascara :(

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig