Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Spotted: New Almay Intense-I Color Smoky-I Kits & Smart Shade Pressed Powder

I've got some more new Almay goodies to show you today, so let's jump right in!

First up, my pal Carla (who just started up her very own beauty blog with a great review of the new Maybelline Fit Me foundation) sent over a pic of the new Almay powder:

image credit: Carla for Nouveau Cheap
Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Pressed Powder

Doesn't this look like a loose powder? I cannot wait to actually see this one in person. I've never seen a pressed powder that looked quite like this before, have you?

Thanks for the pic, Carla!

Next up, the lovely Kimberly sent some pics of the new Almay eyeshadows:

image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap
Almay Intense I-Color Smoky-I Kits and
Almay Intense I-Color Mascaras

image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap

OK, I am TOTALLY freaking out right now. Why, you ask? Well, because it seems that Almay has reached WAY back into their archives for these new shadows. I swear to you, I vividly remember having one of these shadows in the 1980s! It wasn't exactly like this, but it was VERY close in terms of the way the shadows are placed to look like an actual eye. I even remember the color combo of the palette I owned: it was a bronzey-brown lid color, a teal crease color and a frosty white highlight color. This is bringing back some SERIOUS memories for me, and I would be THRILLED if anyone else remembers these from the 80s! This was my go-to palette during my high school years!

So anyway, while these are very similar to the 80s product, they're brand new and I WILL be getting one as soon as I seem them in my area, if only for nostalgia purposes!

image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap
See the lid shade in the pic above? I SWEAR that looks like the exact same shade as the palette I owned in the 80s! This is incredible to me--it's like seeing a long-lost friend after you thought you'd never, ever see them again!

As for the mascara in this display, I believe it's the same core collection mascara that's been around for a while (this one). I don't think this is a new version, but I could be wrong.

So what do you think? Are you interested in any of these new Almay offerings? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

And another huge thanks to Carla and Kimberly for the fantastic photos!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Almay hasn't worked too well for me before but these look interesting. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They DO look like the ones from the 80's, I remember peeking into my mom's make up drawer and seeing them!

    Great blog, love all the make up recommendations!!

    Just followed your blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't see the photos (work changed their internet settings again) but the sound of a bronze, and teal and a white together definitely brings back the 80s....i just hope it's in a good way. i'm curious to know if you think the finish on the new ones is similar to the old-school ones when you pick one up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember much about anything anymore, but yes I do recall that shape. But I thought it had been with Aziza. I could be wrong, and usually am. I remember the older powder eyeshadows were usually much grittier than the modern ones we have now. They must have better milling machines now. As long as they don't bring back water based cake mascara, I'll be fine. Oy vey, that stuff was always a disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'd definitely try out some of these products - i've had good luck with almay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! They are almost exactly like the Almay pallets from the 80's! Its like seeing an old high school friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!! My mom had that eyeshadow! I always thought it was cool because it was shaped like an eye. Funny how fashion and beauty trends come back again after so many years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom had that eyeshadow, too!! She always had those, the Maybelline quads, and the Maybelline eyeliners (the red pencils that you had to heat with a lighter to use!)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig