Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, December 3, 2010

A Perplexing Patchwork Manicure

I couldn't resist! After loving my bottle of Revlon Perplex so much (I probably don't need to tell you that this is the Chanel Paradoxal dupe at this point) I decided that I wanted to try a patchwork manicure with it. I owe my current patchwork obsession all to the lovely Chloe. She has no idea what she stirred up in me! I will never look at scotch tape the same way, I tell ya.

So I wanted to use three polishes that were all in the purple/lavender family. I found a color in my stash that is almost the exact same shade as the shimmer in Perplex (Maybelline Goody Plum Drop), so here's what I used:
Revlon Perplex

Maybelline Goody Plum Drop
(this was an LE shade from last spring's Sweet Thing collection)

Sally Hansen Mystic Lilac
(this was a shade from this fall's LE Xtreme Wear collection)

Also used: scotch tape (of course) and Seche Vite top coat in between each layer

See how the shimmer in Revlon Perplex matches the color
of Maybelline Goody Gum Drop? I love that!

Revlon Perplex

Sally Hansen Mystic Lilac

Maybelline Goody Plum Drop


I'm really happy with the way this worked out. My bottle of Seche Vite is thickening up on me so the final layer of top coat got really goopy and bubbly in places, but other than that, I think I'm improving on this technique every time I do it.

Have you tried a patchwork mani yet? Do you own Revlon Perplex yet?
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Wow!!you did this!!Absoloutely amazing!!Have to try it!!If I can manage of course!!hahaha most likeky not!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say how much I LOVE when you do patchwork nails. They look amazing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! looks great! how do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, nice clean lines? I am OBSESSED with Perplex by the way. ob-sessed. I bought two. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY mani! I've never tried. I don't have Perplex yet. Thanks so much for sharing. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh.....you have got some patience ! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool, if I had the patience I would do this...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an awesome mani! You absolutely MUST do a tutorial pleeeeeas! I just ordered 2 bottles of RP off of Ebay because I couldn't find it at any brick and mortar stores. It's an absolutely beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig