Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Five Minute Eye Look

Every girl's got a "five minute eye look", right? You know, the look you bust out when you're running late, you don't need to impress anyone, and you just need to wear something to get you through the day? Well I don't know about you, but my five-minute-eye-look tends to change a few times a year. I think I'd go crazy if I used the exact same shadow and liner every single time I'm running late, so I'd like to show you my current five minute eye look, which I'm loving right now.


Products used (I've included links to my reviews if I've actually reviewed these products on my blog):

Maybelline SuperStay concealer in Light
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF50 Powder Foundation in Translucent Medium
Maybelline Define-A-Brow pencil in Dark Blonde
Jesse's Girl Eyeshadow Primer
Wet n Wild Color Icon eyeshadow single in Nutty
Wet n Wild Color Icon pencil eyeliner in Charcoal
CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion Mascara in Very Black

And that's it! I seriously only need one eyeshadow color to do this look, because Nutty is just so gorgeous to use as a wash, applied from lash line to crease and blended upward, I find that I don't need a crease color. I haven't actually reviewed Nutty on this blog--I have no idea why--but I love it and I can think of two great reviews right off the top of my head if you'd like more info on this shade: Joeybunny did a great review here, and Yuliya did an awesome review here.

So, what's your current five minute eye look? Leave a comment and let me know! I'd love to hear all about it!
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Ok this is GORGEOUS!!! I have and love Nutty- I'm def. trying this look tomorrow! This really looks amazing with your eye coloring, skin and hair! Love it!!! Plus it really looks like you used two different colors here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine changes too! I usually go for a taupe colored wash. I like to use Nutty or Jane Eye Zing in Down to Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually used Nutty today for my five-minute look when I was rushing around! It looks so pretty on you though, totally looks like more than one color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd love to look this good with 5 minutes work. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I know that Nutty was involved when I saw the photos? :P
    It's such a pretty color. It was actually my lid shade today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I'm in a hurry, I apply an eyeshadow that matches my skintone and either a black or a colorful eyeliner along with mascara! And that's it! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there a shade like Nutty or Nutty itself in the Vanity palette, or do i have to buy this single separately? Also, do you bring your wash from lash line up into the brow, or stop before browbone? Also, what about blush/lip color? If i only have 5 mins. I need blush so i don't look sick or dead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wore nutty today because I was ina rush, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's how my eye looks are everyday - just a wash of neutral color and liner and mascara! And BOOM out the door! I don't bring up the color as high as you though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these kind of looks. I do something similar to this whenever I'm not too lazy to put makeup on in the morning. I call mine "oh well" makeup look lol....hey that should be my next blog post ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't use one specific e/s, I just grab the nearest neutral and do a quick wash of color, grab a black or brown liner, then mascara, and I'm out the door!

    If I want color and don't have time, I don't even bother with e/s. I pick a colorful liner, mascara, and done!

    I'm with Roseanne, definitely have to have some blush to make me look alive, and some lip color, usually a quick swipe of lip gloss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful five minute look. You've convinced me I need Nutty asap. :) I have Envy and just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi!!!i love your blog, in fact im one of your followers and I want to say that I have a new giveaway in my blog so please please check it out and tell me what yopu think!!

    International Giveaway!!!

    theglowmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. My 5 minute look is very similar. Instead of using Nutty, I use Ulta's Lustre (which almost looks like the same color), some black/brown eyeliner, Maybelline Falsies and I'm out the door.

    I'm going to have to check out Nutty though. It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for sharing this G- it inspired me to try this eye look today and I love it!!! So simple yet looks like more work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your 5 minute eye look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is very similar to my current five minute look. I just add a neautral light brown to the crease, blend and go! (with eyeliner and mascara, of course)!
    Ps. i love nutty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that's a great look!
    my five minute look is about the same! white eyeshadow under the eyebrow and in the middle of my lid, brown eyeshadow all over the lid, eyeliner (sometimes) and mascara. and out of the door i'm late!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just saw the "Nutty" at Walgreens and bought it, based on your post. It's great! My other everyday look used the WnW Copper something or other, something they don't make anymore although it looks like it has been reincarnated into an eyeshadow single.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig