Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, October 14, 2010

Your first glimpse: Yardley London Limited Edition Holiday 2010 Soaps

Even if you're not a bar soap fan, you've probably at least heard of Yardley London soaps. Cruelty free and available at drugstores, grocery stores and even dollar stores, they're quite easy to find and I think they're such a delight to use. I've raved about them in the past (Yardley's Honeysuckle Citrus soap from their Naturals line won my Cheapie Award for best bar soap of 2009) because I love how I can rub them into my bath pouf and get the same amount of  lovely fragrance and rich lather as any of my favorite body washes. At under $3 a piece, they also last forever, making them a great bargain to boot.  

I was over-the-moon excited when I heard what the limited edition holiday 2010 Yardley London soaps were going to be, and now that I have them in my hot little hands, I'm even MORE excited! I'm tickled to be able to give you a first-glimpse of them today!

Yardley London Limited Edition Vanilla Sugar
Yardley London Limited Edition Orange Spice
(retail: around $1.99 each)

These are the times when I really, really wish I had smell-o-vision as an option on this blog. I want each and every one of you to be able to sniff these because they are both so lovely and they just get me right into the holiday spirit! I keep going back and forth as to which is my favorite, but I honestly can't decide.  


Vanilla Sugar, with its cocoa butter, oatmeal and wheat bran, has a warm, comforting scent to it and, to my nose, smells sort of like B&BW Warm Vanilla Sugar, but a touch creamier and more natural-smelling. I'd say that if you like the B&BW version, you will probably enjoy Vanilla Sugar. When I smell it, I immediately think "soft and feminine". Like putting on some vanilla bean lotion and then slipping into a soft, snuggly sweater.

Orange Spice, which contains orange oil and ginger essence, is exactly what I hoped it to be. It's a lively, rich combination of both orange and ginger with a kick of spice, and I think it would be ideal for a guest bath during the holidays. It's just got fall and winter written all over it. When I smell it, I instantly crave orange spice tea with a stick of cinnamon. (I just went into my bathroom to take another sniff and, yep, I'm craving orange spice tea with cinnamon again.)

Left: Yardley London Vanilla Sugar
Right: Yardley London Orange Spice

If you are a "warm and cozy" holiday scent lover, I think you might fall in love with these limited edition Yardley soaps.  Keep an eye out for them at your local drugstores (they should be popping up any minute now in the seasonal section) and give them a sniff (you can definitely smell them through the box). If you're like me, I think you'll find them a little bit irresistable for the holidays.

Have you ever tried a Yardley London soap? What are some of your favorite fragrances? Are you excited about these LE holiday goodies? I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. ...is there such a thing as "a little bit irresistible"?

    i need these. NOW.
    you and your smell-o-vision have me drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved Yardley soaps since I was in my 20's. I always got the Lavender. Even though it is considered 'for old ladies', I have loved the smell of lavender and have soaps, room sprays, lotions and potions of it.

    It is true that Yardley soaps last a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Yardly!!! my mother-in-law used Yardly when she was in her 20's and she is 63 now!!! she introduced this brand to me after my husband and i started dating. :P i haven't seen this brand since i left melbourne in 2000 and now i got to see this old classic again. interesting post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifulmonday: LOL! I'm so glad someone else is as excited about these as I am! I swear though, if you get a chance to sniff them, I don't think you'll be disappointed. :)

    Kimberly: Thanks for backing me up on the lasting power of these soaps! And yes, the lavender is lovely, isn't it? :)

    theetinygoat: Me too! Haha!

    jojoba: Awww, I'm sorry you can't find Yardley in your area! Their products are so easy to find here in the US (luckily). But I'm so happy I could remind you of them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. BeautifulMonday: No, "a little bit irresistible" is like it's like "a little bit pregnant" LOL! :) I'm already halfway out the door to find these!

    I used to use and love the lavender too to but fiancee' is not a fan of that scent (I didn't think ANYONE could hate lavender!) so I'm so happy to hear they have vanilla spice, which both of us adore. In fact, I still have a Body Shop Vanilla Spice lotion I've hoarded because I don't know if they make it anymore so will be on the lookout for this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig