Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, October 23, 2010

Odds 'n' Ends

I've got lots of information to cover in this Odds 'n' Ends report, so let's jump right in (I tried to jazz up these posts by inserting a little "present" icon for each bullet point. I think it's kind of cute and better than just numbers!):

I just updated the "Best Drugstore Deals" feature at the top of this blog for the week of 10/24-10/30 and there are a TON of good deals coming up tomorrow! Confetti nail polish at CVS is on sale for $1 (yay!) which I'm SURE has to do with the fact that CVS is no longer going to carry Confetti and 10 polishes (click here if you missed my post about that). So now is definitely time to stock up on your favorite shades, that is if the display at your local CVS hasn't already been wiped out.

The lovely Kimberly of LibbysPinkVanity tweeted me last night with some VERY exciting news: the infamous Wet n Wild Pixie Holiday palettes have surfaced at WALGREENS! She spotted the display at her local Walgreens this week, which is HUGE news because, up until recently, these much-talked-about palettes have only been spotted at Meijer stores. And guess what? Kimberly also spotted mini Megalast polish duos in new shades. Apparently these duos come with one color and one clear polish and each set is named after one of Santa's reindeer. Cute! I have yet to see this new polish display but it's awesome to know that Walgreens has it! So get out there and look for these new Wet n Wild goodies and as always, I advise you to not hesitate if you see something you like, because these WILL sell out. Thanks again, Kimberly, for the heads-up!

I just read that the popular drugstore haircare brand, Creme of Nature, has added an Argan Oil line to its collection, and so far it's getting rave reviews from the blog world! In fact, when I googled reviews on these new products, my gal Niki from Cheapalicious's review popped up! Check it out here.

According to Happi.com, supermodel Christy Turlington has just signed a deal with Avon to promote their new fragrance, Slip Into Sexy, that is being described as "an oriental floral with top notes of blackberry, freesia and violet leaf; a heart of rosewood, violet and butterfly orchid, and a drydown of Cashmeran, sueded orris root and golden ambers". The bottle is inspired by the curve of a women’s calf as she slips into a high heel. It will hit North America October 2011 (earlier in other countries) and will be available as an eau de parfum for $28.

More fun on the fragrance front! I'm freaking OUT over these newest Demeter releases! I just read on Style.com that Demeter has just launched more Sanrio-inspired fragrances (I'm sure you've seen the Hello Kitty fragrances by now) and here's the scoop: "The first eau, simply called Sanrio 50th Anniversary, features a bottle decorated with a montage of the company’s most recognizable characters—Kitty and Keroppi among them—and is meant to evoke the smell of the Sanrio store in Japan with fruit-flavored gum and scented eraser essences. Then there’s Badtz Maru, the mischievous penguin, who has inspired a perfume awash with unsweetened pineapple, cranberry, raspberry, and honeydew notes. The third scent in the lineup is named after Chococat—Kitty’s equally mouthless counterpart. As befits his moniker, the fragrance is a gourmand, with hints of cocoa and ripe red cherries."

image source: demeterfragrance.com

A Demeter fragrance that smells like Sanrio scented erasers? It WILL be mine!

I know a lot of you like Merlot Skin Care (available at Walgreens and Ulta) so I thought I'd mention that, according to Happi.com, Merlot Skin Care is celebrating its 10-year-anniversary and "its 10-year celebration will run throughout 2011 and includes special new packaging and three new product launches". So keep an eye out for new Merlot goodies coming soon.

And finally, one more bit of fragrance news for you. According to Happi.com, Burt's Bees is about to enter the fragrance world with a collection of solid perfumes "crafted with natural oils, waxes and butters including: coconut and sweet almond oil, beeswax and carnauba wax and shea butter. The ingredients are NPA certified. Variations include Naturally Beautiful (a fusion of peach, jasmine, black tea and vanilla) as well as Naturally Happy (a citrus floral), to name a few. The fragrances are packaged in recyclable tins. The solid perfumes debut at Ulta stores this month for $9.99 and nationwide and via www.burtsbees.com on Oct. 28."

That's it for this Odds 'n' Ends report. Are you excited about anything I've mentioned? As always, I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Oh my god! I am so excited abou the WnW palettes! I am definitely going to Walgreens either today or tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gone to my local walgreens 3 times looking for the new WnW palettes. I totally want that Night Elf one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi G! Where exactly can we purchase the Sanrio fragrances? They look great! I checked on the link you provided, but it didn't state where. Thanks & enjoy the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AffordableBeauty: Yay! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you find them this weekend, sweetie. :)

    Phyrra: Wow! When did you go? Hopefully they arrive at your Wags this week! xo

    carla: Oh, you mean besides ordering them directly from Demeter? I've heard that the original three Hello Kitty Demeter fragrances were at Ulta, so I bet you these new ones will be there too. Other than that, I'd check Sephora, or just order them online from Demeter. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew Demeter was going to add to the Sanrio line. This is interesting the newer scents sound more complex. I haven't smelled the first ones yet. Not sure about smelling like erasers but I'm willing to try it on.

    I was thinking about checking my local Ultas. Also they sell them on Sanrio's website. We should check Sears they sell Demeter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh. I checked three Walgreens today, and those palettes still haven't turned up for me. I don't think I've ever spent so much time looking for a product; they'd better be amazing when I get my hands on them :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love WnW, so I'm always excited for their new products.

    Burt's Bees perfumes sound...interesting, so I'm looking forward to checking those out as well. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really excited about the new Demeter scents! I have the first three in the Sanrio line so I definitely want these too!
    I'm a little bummed that Cinnamoroll (my favorite Sanrio character) hasn't been featured, but maybe that's because Demeter already has a cinnamon bun fragrance.

    By the way, I noticed that all of the characters on the Sanrio bottle have fragrances except for two. I wonder if they'll be next...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excitede about everything, but most of all the Wet N Wild Pixie Holiday palettes! I've been waiting for those to come to Walgreens!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig