Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, October 3, 2010

Odds 'n' Ends (please read)

I need help, folks. For several months now, I have been doing my best to keep you alerted to great deals and sales going on each week. Every time I write a post like this (or this), I practically beg you to take a few minutes to read through the post because I tend to pack a lot of info into these posts. But lately I've noticed that when people alert me to great deals going on at the drugstores, etc., it turns out that I've already posted about these very same deals right here on this blog.

I hope this doesn't sound ungrateful--believe me, I appreciate it SO much when you take time out of your busy days to email me when you spot a great deal. I learn so much from you every single day. But when I receive repeated emails, comments, tweets, etc. alerting me to deals that I've already tried my very best to alert you to, I have to think that I'm doing something wrong on my end.

Some of you may be saying, "Well G., it's not your responsibility to ensure that we all get this information." And while I agree with you, I also find it frustrating, and sad, when the information I get so excited to share with you doesn't seem to be reaching you.

So after thinking about this for a while, I've decided that the best way I can fix this problem is to create a permanent feature on my blog, which you may have noticed when you visited my site today. Right above the top blog post, I've created a "Best Drugstore Deals of the Week" section. Every week, I'll post what I believe to be the very best deals for that week. This is obviously just my opinion, but I've been doing this long enough to know which types of weekly deals seem to get talked about the most and generate the most buzz. Those are the types of deals that I will feature in this new section. They'll always be the exceptional deals that I truly think you need to know about.

Also, please note that this list might change throughout the week. So be sure to glance at it whenever you log on to my site because there's a chance I might update it or add new info as the week progresses. Please feel free to let me know if you like/hate this new feature. If, over the long haul, it doesn't seem to be helpful, I'll remove it. But for now, it's the best way I can think of to keep you aware to the best sales of the week.

Now, let's talk about some more deals (and once again, please read through these so that you don't miss anything!!):

1) I've mentioned several times on this blog that Target Mobile Coupons are pretty darn cool. If you have a smart phone and you're not signed up for this program, you might want to consider registering (if you shop at Target). Once a month or so, Target will send you a text message with a link to some mobile coupons. To redeem the coupons, you just show your cashier the barcode right on the screen at checkout. He or she will scan the barcode right off your phone and BINGO! Money is saved.

This week, Target emailed their new batch of mobile coupons and I thought that one in particular was worth sharing with you:

(sorry for the poor quality--this is a picture of my Blackberry screen)

I pretty much never see Sonia Kashuk coupons, so I did a little happy dance when I saw this! And as many of you know, Target accepts coupons for clearance items. So if you see a Sonia Kashuk item on clearance (I know that my local Target often puts random makeup items on clearance ALL THE TIME, including Sonia Kashuk), use this coupon and you'll get that item for next to nothing!

2) I want to give some much deserved love to my gals Lisa and Beth over at Drugstore Divas. They work their booties off every single day to bring us the very best in drugstore deals and steals, and I wish I could just hug them both for everything they do. If it weren't for them, I would have missed the fact that we can get FREE EOS lip balms, Suave Body Washes for 50 cents and Schick Hydro Razors for free this week. So please go over there and show them some love. They really, really deserve it.

3) Also, there's another great deal on Nivea lip balms this week--at Walgreens they're on sale for $1, and there was a $1 Nivea coupon in both the Sept. and Oct. AllYou Magazine. If you have these coupons, enjoy your free lip balm!

4) One of my lovely, longtime readers sent me a VERY interesting photo recently:


I'm sorry, did someone say CVS BEAUTY CLUB? When my lovely reader told me about this, I immediately thought: "How did I not know about something like this??" And then after doing some research, I discovered why I didn't know: this new program is currently available in just THREE CITIES IN THE US: Atlanta, GA, Hartford/New Haven, CT and Indianapolis, IN.

If you live in any of the above cities, consider yourself lucky! I did some more digging and was able to locate a few more details about the program:

Benefits:
  • Beauty Club members receive**:
  • 10% off beauty shopping pass after enrollment.
  • $5 Extra Bucks for every $50 spent on qualifying
    beauty purchases.
  • $3 Extra Bucks as a birthday gift!
**The ExtraCare Beauty Club is available at select CVS/pharmacy locations in the following markets: Atlanta, GA; Hartford/New Haven, CT; Indianapolis, IN. See stores for more details. Limit 1 enrollment per card per household. Earnings for the year end 12/31. Earnings restart 1/1. Your Beauty shopping pass will print on your receipt immediately after scanning enrollment certificate at the register. Your ExtraBucks® reward will print on your receipt two days following qualifying purchase(s). Qualifying Beauty purchases include items from the following categories: Cosmetics, Ethnic Hair Care, Fragrances, Hair Accessories, Hair Appliances, Hair Care, Hair Color, Healthy Skin Care, Hosiery, Skin Care and Sun Care. Excludes Beauty 360, gift cards and prescriptions. To be eligible for Birthday Emails, customer's birthday and valid email address must be on file with ExtraCare. Call 1-800-SHOP-CVS to update your information or fill out the form on this page. CVS/pharmacy reserves the right to modify or terminate the ExtraCare Beauty Club without notice. Offer valid 10/1/10 - 12/31/10.

You can click here for more info and to double-check to see if you live in a city that offers this program.

Come on, CVS, hurry up and roll out this beauty club to all locations across the US--and soon!

Thanks so much for taking the time to read through this and I hope it helped you a bit.
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Oooo girl...u had me @ Sonia Kashuk coupon! Lol I looove her line. A coupon for that is almost unheard of! I gotta get this. Btw , I have a brush set. & e/s palette (pics of em too) of her new line for BCRF if ya need em. Love ya Sweetie!xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that explains so much, hahahaha. I wonder if they'll consider everything we've spent so far, LOLOL. x.x I'm sure I'm over the $50 limit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new feature G! I think it's a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I forgot to say earlier... Don't feel bad! If anything, I'd think that you tell us about so MUCH awesome stuff that people sometimes forget about what's already been posted. I know I do sometimes, hahahaha, especially since so much time can lag between national roll-outs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. l think it's great that you have all the best deals all in one spot. it will definitely be the first place I look before I hit the drugstores!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe it's not you either, G. I'm on the computer reading beauty/nail blogs, I'm shopping in the stores, I'm working in the stores...Phew! That's information overload. (Don't get me wrong, it's info I LOVE!) You always impress me with how you are able to keep it all straight!

    And, you are the first person I think of when I see something new or a super sale. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh, i've heard about so many great deals from your blog over the past month (?) that i've been a follower. my only regret is not finding your blog sooner. lol but i just wanted to know, is the $1 nivea chapstick deal regional? because i didn't see that in my circular. if it is, i'm completely bummed by it =\ lol, anyway keep up the great work! &thank you so much for your hard work and dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I can't take advantage of these deals, because I'm not in the USA, I really like the new feature! :) I think it's a smart idea! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new feature is awesome. Before I go shopping I always check your blog and this makes it much easier.

    I also wanted to let you know that select W&W products will be 50% off the entire month of October at Walgreens. I discovered this when I went shopping for the weekly deals yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the shout-out.

    I like the best deals feature. Great idea!!

    You don't sound ungrateful and blogging is lots of work so while we all love to hear from our readers, it can be like whats up when they send you a deal you just posted! Do they not check my site every 5 minutes, i mean I do!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just thinking, "Oh wow, G has a sticky post with the best deals!" This is a great feature!

    Brenda is right. I was in Walgreens today and there were several WnW items 50% off. There was also quite a few clearance items. I got a big Caboodles train case for only $15 and a couple of nail polishes 75% off. I also made sure to pick up the Jordana Fabuliner! (not on sale, just got it because of your review.)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig