Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

By request: Confetti Moonstruck & 10 Moonlight comparisons

After this post, some of you said you would like to see comparisons of the new Confetti and 10 Professional Nail Lacquers (available at CVS) against other polishes in my collection. I am so happy to oblige since I think we all get excited at the prospect of finding dupes, so let's jump right in!

In case you're not aware, Confetti polishes (retail: $1.99) and 10 polishes (retail: $3.99) are now at most CVS locations, and since both lines are distributed by the same company (MBA Beauty Inc.) there seem to actually be dupes within the two lines (for instance, the Confetti pastel lavender shade and the 10 pastel lavender shade were similar when I compared the two bottles in-store). Beyond that though, I would have to say that Confetti is more of the "fun" line, because it includes more shimmers and glitters, while 10 is the more "conservative" line with a lot more cremes and subdued shades.

If you're curious to know the difference between the two formulas, based on my limited experience, I feel that the Confetti formula seems to be a bit more thin, while the 10 formula is a bit thicker (not too thick though) and I find that the staying power of 10 is just a bit better as well. Again, my own opinion and your results may vary.

Confetti Moonstruck Comparison

Just looking at Moonstruck in the store, I knew it was going to be similar to Rimmel Steel Gray and Sally Hansen Commander in Chief (both shades, of course, that I adore). Heck, the Rimmel and Sally Hansen shades are so close to each other that I often wonder why I own both of them myself! But then add Moonstruck to the mix and well, I'll let the photos do the talking.

As you can see, there seems to be a touch more purple in Moonstruck, but honestly, I've been wearing all three shades on my left hand for a few days (two coats of each with no top coat) and even I have trouble remembering which is which. In my far-from-expert opinion, I'd say the closest match to Moonstruck in Rimmel Steel Gray, while Sally Hansen Commander in Chief is a touch warmer than the other two. But still, if you own one of these colors, you certainly DO NOT need the other two! Unless of course you're a greige/mushroom fanatic, in which case I would never try to talk you out of that. ;)

10 Moonlight Comparison

No clear-cut dupes in this bunch, however I still wanted to show you this comparison because, hopefully, it gives you a better idea of what Moonstruck is like in real life. The closest shades I own to Moonstruck are Revlon Gray Suede (from the Limited Edition Daydreamer Collection) and American Apparel Mouse. Neither shade is even close to a dupe, but it's still interesting to see them side-by-side. And honestly, looking at these swatches, I have to say that I prefer Moonstruck to the other two shades, just because I think it's a tad more chic, modern and edgy, while still be 100% work-appropriate. Again, my personal opinion, but I find myself reaching for 10 Moonstruck more and more these days!

I hope you enjoyed these comparisons, and of course I would love to hear from you! What are your favorites shades in these pics? Do you already own any Confetti or 10 polishes from CVS? If so, how do you like them?

Disclaimer: All of the products contained within this post were purchased with my own funds.

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I have confettin in heartthrob and 10 in spring wakening. I prefer the 10 formula. the confetti just seems really cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own any of these, mostly because I don't have a CVS where I live (very small town). They look gorgeous, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how close Elf Desert Haze is to Moonstruck. It's hard to tell on the monitor but it seems like it might be close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone know if MBA beauty is cruelty-free? Can't seem to find them online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just recently bough Tazmanian Devil!!! I am so impressed happy that I chose it. The little sparkles are so chic. Actually, I just put it on. It's so cool! I was gonna get Purple Pazazz, but I saw this one, and I fell for it!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig