Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, July 10, 2010

Another bold look? Yep! This time it's NYX!

A very dear friend of mine recently sent me an NYX eyeshadow trio and I swear to you, it could not have come at a better time. I know a lot of you love your NYX, but it's so hard for me to find NYX in my area (there are a few beauty supplies in SD that carry NYX, and actually I spotted a CVS that carries it too but it's kind of a drive, and so is Ulta, which I know also carries NYX). So anyway, getting this little trio was the highlight of my week, however the bold blue shades in the Aquamarine trio left me like a deer caught in headlights.  As you know, I'm not a bold shadow person, but so many of you gave me confidence after this look that I decided to just jump in and go for it.

Oh, and this amazing look by the gorgeous Becky was a BIG inspiration for me--Becky rocks blue eyeshadow in this video in such a lovely way that it really made me feel like, "Hey, I can do that!"

I'm calling this look "Sunset over the Sea" because it reminds me of a San Diego sunset over the Pacific Ocean.

So for this look, I used the middle shade from the Aquamarine trio on my lids, and then I used the lightest shade from the trio just above my crease and blended it out and up and bit.  After that, I took Flamingo (which is a gorgeous dusty rose with fine gold shimmer) and applied it right above my crease and blended it up into my browbone. Finally, I used the darkest shade in the trio (with the help of my Prestige Line Creator) to line my eyes and I really "winged it out" a bit for more drama.

I am wearing Maybelline The Falsies Mascara in Blackest Black on my lashes and Maybelline Define-A-Brow eyebrow pencil in Dark Blonde on my brows.

I'm still not ready to wear this look out of my house but it was fun to play around with a palette of blues and see what I could come up with!

NYX Trios retail for around $8 and NYX Singles retail for around $5.50. They can be found directly on the NYX website, and other various sites across the web. Consider yourself lucky if you live near an Ulta or any other retail location that sells NYX because if I had better access, I'm sure I'd have a much larger stash!

So tell me, what are your favorites from NYX?
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. You have been rocking the bold eye looks! You should do them more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a NYX Rep,so I sell NYX Cosmetics, and I own a TON of their makeup, their loose pigments are by far my favourite! So pigmented,just the same as MAC only smaller and WAY cheaper! I've had mine for almost 2 years and still have not run out! Last forever! I love their lipsticks too! Either way, NYX is fantastic brand and very affordable!! I own all of their Trios,and Blushes, so incredible! Definatly give them a go,the blushes are the BEST! (next to the pigments of course).

    ReplyDelete
  3. ULTA has NYX 30% off right now! I was thinking of picking up these trios. How do they compare to other eyeshadows in size?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue is awesome on you! I love blues! Yay for you giving it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this looks great on you!!! I love it. You can definitely pull this off.
    I have a ton of NYX products, back from when I was doing YT, ordered all from Cherry Culture. I love their blushes and l/s too! The only thing I wasn't fond of was the mascaras. They're very well pigmented for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh those blues and aquas make your eyes look absolutely amazing! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this look. It's colourful but (for me) still wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! It's gorgeous on you. :D

    I'm slowly collecting NYX, too... They have amazing online sales!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty on you!

    I was at Ulta yesterday and their NYX shelves were on clearance/sale! For example the Round lipsticks were $2.51... I don't remember how much the other products were, but they were all super cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the trio I have been wanting for a while now.After seeing how lovely it looks on you, I am going to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this look! It looks gorgeous on you :D Congratulations for being brave enough to go for it. You should wear it out of the house next time! It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YYAAAYYY, you used COLOR!!! Don't be so scared of it, it looks nice on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YYAAAYYY, you used COLOR!!! Don't be so scared of it, it looks nice on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My fave nyx product has to be the tinted lip spa :) it moisturizes really well and tastes minty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE NYX! :] My local beauty supply store sells some of their makeup. Its never really on sale but I rather buy it their then online cause it may be on sale online but the shipping and tax end up costing around the same. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks fantastic on you! Now if I can just get you to wear it out of the house... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it looks so great on you! I know what you mean though, I am one of those who never does bold eye shadow. I've just never been that brave, but for the past week I've been looking at NYX shadows, and I've been thinking "oh, that's such a pretty color I should just go for it!" haha..

    Also, I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog. I have been a reader for awhile, but even last night I found myself searching through old posts for help when it comes to purchasing items. Your blog has definitely been a life saver at times!

    ReplyDelete
  18. NYX products are great! I'm glad you ventured out to try this look, especially, b/c their eyeshadows have amazing pigmentation. I enjoy their Jumbo Eye Pencils, their 10 e/s palette in Champagne and Caviar (my go to!), and their blush in Peach. I think they're having a sale if you're a Facebook fan of NYXCosmetics and do one of their coupon thingies. 50% off on the official website! Wowzers! I'm looking to find some trios that I enjoy. I recently saw someone on YT depot the trios and put them in a bigger palette (like a MAC one). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. very pretty! I'm lucky to live really close to downtown l.a. because i get my nyx single e/s for 2 bucks :). my favs are e/s in Atlantic, Silver and Burgundy Pear :)

    I also love their round lipgloss and I get them for a dollar or less!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous look! You look great in blue shadow!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig