Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, June 4, 2010

Review: Prestige Color Creation Eye Shadow & Line Creator Kit

I was lucky enough to receive this fun little kit from Prestige last month, and I've been having so much fun playing around with it! I can't wait to show it to you so that you can be on the lookout for it at your local drugstores (here in San Diego, I have only seen this at Rite Aid, but look for it at locations near you that sell Prestige Cosmetics. I also just discovered that you can get this kit on Amazon as well.).

Prestige Cosmetics Color Creation Eye Shadow & Line Creator Kit in Mermaid (retail: around $12)




The coolest thing about the packaging of this product is that the tube of Line Creator Liquid fits snugly into the case, and once the lid is shut, it will not fall out. Speaking of the Line Creator Liquid, let's take a closer look at this product:


I am absolutely intrigued by this applicator! It's not a brush (in other words, there are no bristles) yet it bends and works like a brush. I'm not sure what kind of material this is made of, but it's awesome! The point is as fine as a pin--this is not an exaggeration. The tip is SUPER fine, which will enable you to easily line your eyes and get right into your lash line, no problem.

So the concept of this kit is simple. You have three eyeshadows which you can wear as traditional eyeshadows on your lids. But then, with the help of the Line Creator Liquid, you can transform each of the shadows into eyeliner (and of course you can use the Line Creator Liquid on any powder eyeshadows in your existing stash, making this product an even better value!). The Line Creator Liquid is a clear, odorless liquid with a water-like consistency. You just follow the directions on the kit and swirl the tip of the applicator around on the eyeshadow to pick up color and line your eyes.

Let me talk about the eyeshadows for a second. In a word? WOW. These shadows are highly pigmented, super smooth, and apply like butter. I can honestly say that quality of these shadows is right on par with my Stila eyeshadows. I'm very impressed.

Here are some swatches (the first three lines were swatched dry, while the bottom three lines were swatched when combined with the Line Creator Liquid):


As you can see, the Line Creator Liquid doesn't really intensify the color of these shadows too much. But I didn't find that to be a problem since the shadows are so pigmented to begin with.

Now I want to show you a few looks I did using this kit. The first look is with just the pink and bronze shadows. I used the Line Creator Liquid to line my eyes with the bronze shadow as well:



I love, love love this bronze color! I can't decide if I like it better as a shadow or as a liner, but why decide when I can wear them both ways whenever I want? :)

For this next look, I used all three shades in the Mermaid palette, and I also used the mint green shadow to line my eyes (with the help of the Line Creator Liquid):




I love this mint green shade so much! It makes me happy just looking at it. :)

So here's the big question: how is the staying power when you use the Line Creator Liquid to line your eyes? My friends, it is EXCELLENT. In fact, in the pics above (with the green shade), the day I did this look I was very tired and I actually ended up falling asleep with my makeup on (I know...this is sooooo bad but occasionally it happens, right?). Well, the next morning, I went into the bathroom and I was STUNNED to discover that the liner on both my upper and lower lids was still perfectly intact! Seriously, it didn't budge until I took it off. And the best part? It removed easily with my regular cleanser and water. No makeup remover was needed.

For my fellow oily-skinned girls out there, I think you might want to seriously consider picking up this kit if you can. I have been using it for a few weeks now and each and ever time I use it, I'm amazed at the quality, performance, and especially the staying power. I think it's one of the best products I've come across to help keep my eyeliner in place all day (and night!). If your normal liners smudge or run by day's end, this might be perfect for you.

And actually, even if you don't have a problem with smudging/running eyeliner, I think you might fall in love with this palette. The quality and versatility are amazing for something you can get at the drugstore. Heck, the eyeshadow alone rivals high-end brands, in my opinion.

And one more thing! My contact at Prestige told me that they're going to release another Color Creation Kit for the holidays with different shades of eyeshadow. So if the colors in Mermaid don't appeal to you, keep your eyes peeled later in the year for the next kit to hit the drugstores!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Oh my gosh! How gorgeous is that kit?!?! I love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the green eyeshadow made your eyes POP! the kit looks interesting, i think its not yet available in our country =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the bronze color is GORGEOUS! And the 2nd look you did is absolutely stunning! They really make your eyes pop! I'll definitely be waiting for the new shades.

    And thanks for answering my question about the Revlon lippies

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, this set looks very nice! I love the fact that the liquid liner creator isn't sitting out of the set but in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's really cool! Have you tried it with any other eyeshadows? The bronze one in the kit would work for me, but it would be fun to try out other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this at Rite Aid and Ulta for around 11.99.

    I may have missed it while reading but I assume you wipe off the brush every time you use one color to use another? Does it come off easily off the brush? I wouldn't want to use the bronze, wipe and use the green and still have the bronze color on the brush. Also, does it mess up the shadow when you use the liner brush? You know how you use something wet on a pressed shadow and it's hard to use that part to use as a shadow after that? I hope I'm explaining it okay. Haha.

    Questions, questions! Sorry if these were already explained in your post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to pay $11.99 for this at Rite Aid until I saw it at Bed Bath and Beyond for $9.99 (this location has a Harmon section.) Plus I was able to use a 20% off coupon! The colors are absolutely gorgeous, I would have paid full price but I'm glad I didn't have to :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lacey: Yay! Glad you like it. :)

    Khymm: Thanks, honey! I hope you can get access to this eventually. :)

    Fay: Thank you, sweetie!! And you are so welcome. :)

    JT: I really, really love that as well. :D

    Alora: So far I have only tried it with that Maybelline palette I just got from the Salsa Sun Collection. I used the deep rust shimmer to line my eyes, and it looked AMAZING. The only problem I had was at the end of the day (it smudged a little bit on my lower lash line but it was super hot that day). But on my upper lash line? It wore like iron! :)

    LT: As long as you wipe the tip of the applicator after each use (and before you insert the tip back into the tube to get more product) you will be fine. I take a paper towel and sort of cradle the tip of the applicator (sort of like a taco shell!) and then I spin the applicator around and that seems to remove every last bit of shadow from the tip. When I do this, there's absolutely no transfer the next time I use it (but as the label says, the tip will never be white again after the first time you use it). Also, the directions state to use the same spot on the shadow every time you use this. Since the tip is SUPER fine, you can use just the tiniest part of the shadow to pick up color. The other 99% of the shadow will be untouched. Hope that helps!

    elizabeth: Oooh, that's a GREAT deal Lucky you!! Thanks for the tip. And I'm so glad you're loving this too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew you would love that bronze! Remember when I reviewed it I think I mentioned that? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PCS: That's right!! I think you did!!! :D You know me too well. xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig