Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, May 7, 2010

Some weekend in$piration for you!

OK, I know the title of this post is cheesy, but I couldn't think of a better way to get across to you that YOU can score deals like this too. All it takes is a little bit of planning (watch those weekly sales), a little bit of printing (coupons), a little bit of clipping (more coupons) and you can get so many of your beauty and household products for free (or very close to it).

Let's take a look at my most recent Rite Aid purchase:

Total retail value of this purchase: $74.62

There's no way in heck I would pay the full retail price, so let's see what I did, starting clockwise from the left:

Sonicare Replacement Heads:
Retail: $34.99
On sale this week at Rite Aid for 20% off: $27.99
P&G coupon from last Sunday's paper: $5 off
My total cost: $22.99

Dawn Detergent:
Retail: $1.59
On sale this week at Rite Aid: $0.99
Sunday paper coupon: $0.25 off
My total cost: $0.75

Nivea Body Wash (x2):
Retail: $5.99 each
On sale this week at Rite Aid for $3.99 each
Red Plum coupon: $4 off (I had two of these coupons--thanks, Mom!)
My total cost: FREE (x2)

BIC Soleil Twilight Razors:
Retail: $6.49
Rite Aid Single Check Rebate: $2
Sunday paper coupon: $3 off
My total cost: $1.49

Carefree Pantyliners:
Retail: $1.59
On sale this week at Rite Aid for $0.99
Sunday paper coupon: $1 off
My total cost: FREE

Cover Girl Liquiline Blast Eyeliners (x2)
Retail: $8.99 each
On sale this week at Rite Aid BOGOFREE
P&G coupon from Sunday paper: $2.50 off when you purchase two CG products
My total cost for two: $6.49

Subtotal: $31.72

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE! There is a Rite Aid Video Values coupon that you can print for $5 off a $25 purchase just by watching a short video (click here for details). After this coupon, my total was brought down to:

GRAND TOTAL: $26.72

I got 8 items for LESS than the regular retail price of the Sonicare Replacement Heads ALONE! And you can totally do this too!

If you have any questions about anything I've mentioned here, please just leave a comment and I'll try my best to help you. I want every single one of you reading this to get deals like this whenever you hit up your local drugstores, Target, etc. so if you have any additional tips or info, as always, leave a comment and share your wisdom with us!

Oh, and I'll be testing these new Cover Girl liners over the weekend, so please check back for my review next week!

Happy bargain shopping!

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. wow! this is a great haul and a fabulous example of maxxing out your money!!! nice work. whenever i use coupons and score big deals, not only do i feel virtuous about all my savings, but i feel like i make my thrifty, savvy, wise, coupon-queen mother proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was a really nice post for you to put together!! very informative :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... you're REALLY good at what you do haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are the Queen! i need to learn how to cut down cost from you for sure. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do this pretty much every week possible. It's like an addiction. I really need to get to Walgreens by tomorrow because of their Nivea sale but I don't know if I will. I just got my wisdom teeth out on Wednesday and I look like a chipmunk because of the swelling, LOL. But yea, I love clipping coupons and getting stuff for really cheap, or for free. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifulmonday: Thank you, sweetie! And I agree with you completely. My mom taught me well, and even she is stunned sometimes at the deals I'm able to get, just by paying attention to coupons and sales. :)

    Beatriz: Thank you so very much for that! I hope I've inspired you to get deals like this for yourself! It's super easy once you get the hang of it. :)

    Amy: Thank you, honey!! I really appreciate that. :)

    jojoba: Awww, thank you, sweetie! If I can do this, you TOTALLY can do it too. xo

    geckogal: You ROCK! :) And I hope you feel better soon--getting wisdom teeth pulled is no fun at all. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're amazing! I'm so impressed with how good you are at scoring deals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing, I wish we had a Rite Aid! I too have been racking up the Nivea body washes since that coupon. I'm gonna get my 3rd one this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I went to CVS yesterday and saved close to $30! I would have saved a ton more, but my local paper didn't have half of the coupons on Sunday that there were suppose to be. (I have been bummed big time with my local paper's coupons lately!) I did order some from offline, but I didn't get them until today. But still! I worked with what I had, and thankfully there were some sales on at CVS.
    I ended up with a nail polish, three bottles of dawn hand renewal, Listerine teeth whitening strips(there was a $5 off coupon on the box of those.) two Nivea shower gels, and two Nivea lip products(I'm not the biggest fan of those, but I like my ECB's haha, and they will be good to use while I'm working) I may have bought one more thing, but I'm not sure off the top of my head. :D I ended up spending $30.
    That was a record in saving close to $30 for me when it comes to shopping at CVS! I usually never do good while their deals. I was going on to anyone that would listen about it! haha
    Thanks for always posting about deals and sales, (& those helpful scenarios) when you find out about them! They are a help to me!

    Lots of Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PCS: You are too kind, honeypie! You've scored some great deals too, I know! :D

    adorepink: You are so welcome! I really wish you had a Rite Aid too, darnit. :( And you must tell me which scents you got from Nivea--I am loving ALL of mine so far. Their fragrances are so unique! :)

    Ashley: OMG, scoooooooooooore!!! I am so so so proud of you!!! And believe me, I know exactly what you mean about going on to any anyone who listens! I do the exact same thing and all my friends/family are probably sick of hearing about it at this point. lol! So whenever you have the urge to tell someone about a great deal you just got, know that you can ALWAYS come here and I will be SO excited to hear all the details. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the Wet n Wild deal! Two or three years ago, they sold some very basic skin care (found it at Target). Is it discontinued? I really liked the cleanser and moisturizer.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig