Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Quick eye look using Palladio "The Blues" Baked Eyeshadow Trio

When I reviewed the new shades of Palladio Baked Eyeshadow Trios a few days ago (click here if you missed it) I described how I like to use the trio "The Blues". Now I'd like to show you the look!



As many of you already know, I pretty much tend to go for subtle eye looks in my normal day to day activities. I envy those of you who can really work color into your looks, but for me, I just can't seem to pull it off. So this is my version of a "pop of color", incorporating blue into an otherwise earthtone look.

I used the darker shade of blue on my lid, and then the bronzy-brown shade in my crease. To smooth things out, I just blended the lighter shade of blue all over, from lashline to brow. Since the lightest blue in this trio is less pigmented than the other colors, it's super easy to use it as a blending shade just to give this look an overall softness.



Other products used:

Brows: Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Dark Blonde (Let me give several of you a HUGE thanks for this recommendation! Several weeks ago in my Wednesday Question, I asked you what you use on your brows. Many of you mentioned this pencil, so I finally purchased one and I LOVE it. The tip is so fine, and it never needs sharpening. It's awesome and I highly recommend it, so thanks again to all of you who suggested it!)

Shadow: Palladio "The Blues" Baked Eyeshadow Trio

Liner: Bobbi Brown Creamy Eye Pencil in Midnight (reviewed here for WeHeartThis)

Lashes: Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara in Blackest Black (This is one of those mascaras that no one ever seems to talk about, but I simply love. It's got a teeny tiny brush, which makes it perfect for really getting into your lashes and coating each hair. If you've got barely-there lashes like me, and you're in desperate need of volume, you might want to try this one the next time you see a good BOGO sale. It never flakes or smears for me and I find myself reaching for it more and more these days, especially when I'm in a hurry.)

I hope I inspired some of you other "colorphobes" to try using a little bit of color in your daily routine. Even if earthtones are your go-to color palette (I'm right there with ya!), you can apply color with a light hand and bring some extra fun into your look!

Disclaimer: All of the above products were purchased with my own funds, with the exception of the Palladio Baked Eyeshadow Trio (given to me by the manufacturer for review) and the Bobbi Brown Creamy Eye Pencil (given to me by WeHeartThis.com for review on their website).
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. This is off topic, but Cvs has the loreal magic perfecting primer for $9 this week, I printed out the $1 off all loreal Paris products coupon from their website, now I want to beat my self for not playing the slot machine before purchase bcause it printed out a $2 off loreal secrets products after I purchased. So I would have gotten the primer for $6 bucks rather than $8. Imma go cry. Plus I got a coupon for $3 off milano purchase of 10 bucks or more. Just wanted to share bcause ur website helped me save a lot in my buys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look on you! I tend to go for more creative eye looks, but I guess for me I just feel like makeup is more of an art form than a way to bring out features. I love to paint and when I do makeup I feel like I'm painting on my face. I wish I could stop myself with all the looks I do sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I love the pop of color.
    Speaking of Palladio, I wanted to thank you for your review of their mosaic bronzer. I'm totally in love with that product. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  4. kimmy: OMG, I hate it when that happens!! In fact, I was at Albertsons the other day and I was buying some breakfast bars, and when I made my purchase, the register printed out really good coupons for the EXACT SAME breakfast bars! I was like, DANG! I wish I would have had these just two seconds ago! lol. You could always return your primer and buy it again w/ your slot machine coupon (and print out a new coupon from the L'Oreal website) but that is such a hassle. :( And thanks so much for the heads-up about that Milani coupon! That's awesome!! I hope I get it. :)

    PCS: Thank you, honey! If I had even an ounce of creativity in me, I would probably be just like you and use my lids as a canvas. But sadly, this is as wild it gets. lol! :)

    Khymm: Thank you so much! xo

    Heather: Thanks honey! And OMG I am so stoked that you are liking that mosaic bronzer!!! You totally made my day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the nicest eye shape and lids for doing eyeshadow!

    I think a Sally's haul may be in order this weekend...I got a 20% off entire purchase coupon in the mail so I think I'll be checking out these Palladio goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty!

    I owned several of the Palladio eye shadow trios and some of them cracked. :-/

    The one thing I really like from Palladio is their lipstick pencils. Have you tried them? They are super moisturizing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JenJen: You are too sweet! Thank you, honey! And ooooh, I can't wait to see what you get from Sally! I haven't reviewed them here yet but the Palladio glosses are also awesome. :)

    LT: Thanks, sweetie! Yep, that's an issue with *all* baked eyeshadows. You have to be super careful with them. I totally destroyed several of my baked eyeshadows (Jesse's Girl, Maybelline, etc.) just by lightly dropping them on the ground. :( Thanks for the tip about the liners! I don't use a lot of lip liner but I know that so many of them tend to be dry, so this is great to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this color combination reminds me of the wet n wild color icon trio in "on cloud nine", doesn't it? =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. wingsinheaven5: You know what? I never thought of that before, but you're right! It kind of does! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Recessionista :) I actually meant the lip crayons called Lip Slix, I think they are called. Not the lip liners.

    Ulta is having a clearance on them right now for 2.99 each and they have a buy 2 get one free deal too.

    These glide on super smooth and are surprisingly glossy for a lip crayon.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig