Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, March 19, 2010

Swatches! Milani Neon Fresh Teal & Sally Hansen VIP Pink

Since I'm currently battling an icky head-cold, I've had enough down-time to paint my nails with some pretty new colors I recently purchased at CVS.

First I'd like to show you one of the new Milani Neon shades, Fresh Teal:

Milani Fresh Teal from the Neon Collection (retail: $4.99 at CVS)


How weird is this?? In that first picture, the bottle totally matches my nail color. But in the second pic, the bottle doesn't match at all. I just checked again, in full sunlight, and I have to say that the bottle does not match the nail color (my nails look much more of a true teal while the bottle has a bit more green to it). Although in the second pic, the bottle does look more green than it does in real life. Does that make sense? lol.

Anyway, this is a fanstiastic color (I think it would be super cute with white polka dots or other types of nail art!) and I'm very happy with the formula. I've been wearing this color without a base or top coat (hey, I'm sick, so I'm lazy) and it hasn't chipped or peeled in three days. Yay!

Next up, I also purchased this little lovely at CVS recently:

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in VIP Pink (retail: $2.99 at CVS)


This is a lovely pinky-coral jelly with silver and pink micro-glitter. It kind of reminds me of China Glaze Strawberry Fields but without the gold. Anyway, it's a jelly so expect three coats if you don't want a sheer look (I probably could have used four coats for more opacity but I stopped at three) and the staying power is just as good as all the other Xtreme Wear polishes I own (fabulous).

So do you own any Milani Neons or Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear shades? How do you like 'em?
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I bought the rad purple (?) one but I haven't tried it yet. I've heard it's an awesome purple jelly though so I'm looking forward to it. =)

    Hope you feel better. I'm battling what appears to be a week long sinus headache myself. Wish we could enjoy the weather because I heard it's equally beautiful in CA AND MD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Sally Hansen Xtreme wears and I tend to like them. That's a pretty pink, but I really hate having to put on more than 2 coats of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better soon!!

    I haven't been able to find Milani's Neon polishes yet. I love teals and will definitely try that one.

    I have a few Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear and love them all! They apply beautifully and wear like iron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought fresh teal a while ago; I love the formula and the color! I've been loving milani's neon colors lately; I hope I can resist picking up more! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hate to admit this, but that teal is screaming my name at the top of its voice. You enabler, you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that "Alexandra" is me, NinaraPoll, I forgot that when I log in via Google it shows my name :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually put on the Milani color today. I absolutely love it! The formula is amazing!
    I'm hoping to pick up some more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought Fuchsia Power and Blue Me Away! from SH Xtreme Wear. I don't think I've ever used this line but I LOVE the Insta Dri line so I'm hoping for good things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sigh, the teal is soo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like both of these polishes, especially the teal. I think those opaque Milano bottles are weird, but whatever the color is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. JT: Oh, I have that purple shade too! I posted pics of it a while back and, even though it's super sheer, it's worth the trouble because it's absolutely gorgeous on! And thank you for the well wishes--I hope you are feeling better today as well, because we both need to be outside enjoying this fab weather. :D

    Phyrra: I know...I never used to tolerate having to put on more than 2 coats of polish, but with all these gorgeous shades coming out recently, I've found my patience level has gone UP, for a change. lol! :)

    mooosley: Thank you so much, honey! And I totally agree, these DO wear like iron. It's incredible! Oh, and don't give up on those Milani polishes--they're a part of the permanent display now so I know you'll see 'em soon! :)

    PCS: Thanks so much, sweetie! And I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my new love for these Neons. lol! :)

    Alexandra/NinaraPoll: As far as the enabling goes...I make no apologies. lol!! It had to be done. ;)

    Ashley: Yay! I'm so glad you're loving it too. :D

    Emeryldmist: OMG, I have to tell you that I love the Xtreme Wears 100x more than the Insta Dris! I hope you have good luck with them too, because I swear the staying power of these is mind-blowing. I have Blue Me Away! too, and I got eight days of wear out of that baby the last time I wore it! :)

    Becky: *whispers* get it...get it... :D

    adorepink: I kind of like the opaque bottles (I'm weird like that) but I do think it's a pain to not know exactly how much you've used or how much you have left (although I can count on one hand how many bottles of polish I've actually used up completely over the years!) lol! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig