Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Spotted at Rite Aid: New L'Oreal displays and Sinful Colors (yes, at Rite Aid!)

I spotted some interesting things at my local Rite Aid yesterday so let's get right into it!

OK, first of all, YAY for Rite Aid and their decision to carry Sinful Colors! Finally, another place to get our SC fix aside from Walgreens! And Rite Aid girls: don't forget that these will be 25% off starting tomorrow!


Next, I spotted the displays (read: displays) for the new L'Oreal Studio Secrets stuff, but none of the actual products were IN the displays yet. I know that some of you already have this new collection in your area, but for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, here you go:


On the left side of this display is the new Studio Secrets foundation primer, called Magic Perfecting Base, which will retail for $12.95. (BTW, I've heard this base is great, but the only thing I'm not too jazzed about is that it comes in a jar, which you can see in the image to the right). On the right, you can see that there will also be three color-correctors called Color Correcting Primers that come in pink, green and yellow. These will also retail for $12.95 and they come in a pump bottle, which you can see in the image on the right.

Next, L'Oreal is totally redoing their eyeshadow singles and quads display. The new display will break down the shades according to eye color (hazel eyes, brown eyes, blue eyes, etc). And the shadows themselves are being repackaged:

new packaging (left), old packaging (right)

My Rite Aid had ONE of the newly repackaged shadow singles in the display, so I snapped a pic of it side-by-side next to the old style (same exact shade, just different packaging). Once again, we see this quilted design on a pressed powder! I'm beginning to think, "Who is NOT going to emboss a design on their products this year?" lol. Seriously, this has to got to be THE trend of the season, if not the year, for drugstore makeup!

Next, I spotted one new eyeshadow quad, which I put side-by-side with the old style quads. These quads are not the same shades, obviously, but they're both in the "Green/Hazel Eyes" section:

old packaging (left), new packaging (right)

So tell me, do you like the new packaging for L'Oreal eyeshadows? And are your excited to try either of the new Studio Secrets primers? Leave a comment and let me know!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Yay! I love Sinful Colors! Dream On, a bright neon magenta is one of my favorites especially for summer. I don't know if I got a funky bottle or what, but Dream On has such a weird formula. It dries matte, but gets glossier the longer I have it on. So the first day it looks matte but by the 5th day it'll have a shiny finish.

    I really, really want the L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base. I've heard such amazing things about it but it doesn't look like there'll be a bogo sale anytime soon. The best is a 40% off next week. meh. Guess I'll have to wait awhile :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about the packaging - not such a huge change. You know, I really wish one of the drugstore lines would create a palette system for their eyeshadows... something like the ELF line but more readily available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally found the new display of Sinful Colors at one of my local Rite Aids. This is exciting for me, because previously I had to drive 40 minutes to the closest Walgreens for Sinful Colors. I will definitely be picking up a couple bottles during the 25% sale.

    I'm happy to see more drugstore brands starting to offer primers. I've seen some good reviews on the new L'oreal one. However, one complaint I've seen is the price for the amount of product you get. For 12.95 I will probably be waiting for a BOGO sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to try Sinful colors, the shades look really pretty. I have seen the displays in a bunch of Rite Aids. I actually love the new L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Face Primer. I like it so much that I am currently hosting a giveaway for a jar on my blog. You can find the Review and Giveaway here:
    http://www.theglamorousgleam.com/2010/02/loreal-studio-secrets-professional_06.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Magic Perfecting Base! (Found it in stock at Walmart.) I'm on a big primer kick lately so I was all over this collection.
    I'm wondering how long it will actually last me though. I've put a big dent in it already and I've only used it a few times. :\

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Target has sinful colors too...,They're on the very bottom row of the opi/Essie/Sally hansen rack.
    :D
    Unfortunately, Target doesn't have BOGOs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spotted some of the new L'oreal Studio Secrets displays at my Walgreens too! Like you, I couldn't find any of the actual products, save for few lone eyeshadows. I haven't had a good experience with L'oreal eyeshadows in the past (granted, that was a very long time ago when drugstore makeup just wasn't up to par with department store products), but the new packaging looks so sleek and professional that it makes me want to pick up a few! I don't know if the formulation is improved, but I definitely hope so because I really want to try the lovely white eyeshadow single that you snapped a pic of. Your comparison pic really shows what a difference the packaging makes! It looks ten times better than the old eyeshadow in the tacky packaging on the right. It's the same thing with the new Wet n Wild packaging. I have a huge urge to buy EVERYTHING in their new collection simply because it's cheap, offers great colors, and, best of all, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sinful Colors but I dont know where the Walgreens or Rite Aid is in my area! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I like the new packaging for L'oreal! Especially for the quads.

    I've been trying to find that mint apple Sinful shade at Walgreens for a couple weeks now with no luck. Maybe I should try Rite Aid!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i saw empty loreal displays at cvs too.. come on ppl!! what's the deal with that?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have read about these in British blogs (they had the items first)- seem to be mixed reviews on the Studio Secrets line but i'm game. also, loving the new packaging. the last shadow that smashed into a bazillion shimmering smithereens was an old L'oReal single, so maybe the deisgn will be sturdier! (as well as showing more colour)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mimsy: I know that SC polish shade you mentioned and I think it's strange that it turns shiny over time too! lol. And yeah, I'm super curious about that primer--maybe there will be a BOGOF sometime VERY soon. :)

    JT: I think the packaging is definitely an improvement but I agree that it's not dramatic. lol. And yeah, a customizable palette would be fantastic! I think Maybelline or HiP could do a good job with that...hope they're listening! lol. :)

    mooosley: That is wonderful! SO glad you don't have to drive so far to get your SC fix now. Yay! And yeah, the jar does look small, so it's worth the wait for a BOGOF. :)

    Mz. More: Thanks for the heads-up about your giveaway! That's VERY generous of you to offer to your readers! :) And I think you will love SC if you try them. Some of the colors are hit-or-miss, but if you get a good one, it's TOTALLY worth the $1.99 price tag. :)

    Heather: Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this primer! I have heard others complain about the size, so I guess it's definitely worth it to wait for a BOGOF, right? Anyway, glad it's working for you, honey!

    kenzie: Your Target has Sinful Colors? You lucky, lucky girl!! :)

    Rita: How weird that our drugstores are putting up these displays and yet leaving them empty for a while! Anyway, I agree that the new packaging is quite a bit more alluring. I haven't had the best luck with L'Oreal eyeshadows in the past either, so let's cross our fingers that they have indeed improved the formula, just like Revlon has! :) And I swear to you, even though WnW products now look better, they do perform even better too. And for me, their performance is MUCH better, esp. those eyeshadows! :)

    Marie: Oh! Just go to the Rite Aid and Walgreens websites and click on the "store locator" link to find your nearest locations! :)

    Hana: I've been trying to find that mint shade too! I think that it's only available at Walgreens so far (the rite aid displays I've seen are pretty much all the standard colors with no new shades). Hope that helps! :)

    yummy411: That is SO weird! You're the second person to say this, so I'm glad it's just not me. But I so not get that! lol.

    beautifulmonday: OK, that is so strange that L'Oreal always launches new products in the UK first. Granted, it's great for the UK, but it just seems like all the other companies launch their new products in the US first and then go global. I wonder why L'Oreal is the opposite? Hum...

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig