Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Review: Bath & Body Works PS: I Love You Spring Fling

A while ago I reported some rumors about the new BBW fragrances that will hit stores this spring, and I'm happy that so many of you chimed in (even some friendly anonymous BBW employees!) and confirmed that my rumors were true (click here to see that post). The first of the new crop of fragrances is now available in stores and online and I just received some samples so I thought I'd share with you my thoughts about PS: I Love You Spring Fling.

When I first saw the pics of this new version of PS: I Love You over at BeautyJunkiesUnite I thought, "Oooh, cute!" but I was even more intrigued by the fragrance notes in PS: I Love You Spring Fling:

  • Top-Sparkling Water, Melon, Fresh Air Ozonic notes, Sparkling Citrus, Rose

  • Mid-Muguet, Rose, Honeysuckle, Plum

  • Dry- Amber Musk, Cedarwood, Sheer Vetiver

  • I literally love each and every note in this fragrance! But the big question is, will I love this particular combination?

    PS: I Love You Spring Fling EDT (retail: $29.50, 2.5 oz)

    Here's my take on the EDT: If you are a light floral scent lover, I think you'll love this. At first sniff, the floral notes quickly make their way to the top, but once this settles on my skin, the ozonic and aquatic notes come through to make it a touch more clean than your average floral. After a bit more time, I do pick up the sweet, fruity, playfulness of this fragrance, which then just makes the whole thing scream "Springtime!" to me. This is definitely a scent to wear if you're just done with winter and want to start thinking warm-weather thoughts.
    PS: I Love You Spring Fling Shower Gel (retail: $10.50, 10 oz)

    According to the BBW website, the Signature shower gels are "newly supercharged" and I totally agree! The lather of this shower gel is richer, creamier and more dense to me than the old formula. I seriously said "Whoa!" when I loaded up my bath pouf in the shower, because the lather just became instantly thick and creamy and there was lots of it! My only complaint, and it's not truly a complaint, is that the scent varies a tad bit from the EDT (which is common) and seems a little more crisp to me. But that actually can be a good thing because it lends more of a "clean" scent to the gel, which is great when you're scrubbing up in the shower.
    PS: I Love You Spring Fling Body Lotion (retail: $10.50, 8 oz)

    BBW Signature lotions are "now fortified with aloe vera, grape seed extract and vitamins C and E" and I sure could notice the difference when I applied this lotion to my hands. It's much more moisturizing than their old formula--my number one complaint with the old formula is that it had a tendency to leave my hands a bit dry if I used too much. Not the case with this new formula--my hands feel soft, smooth and it's not greasy at all. Also, this lotion seems to bring out the fruity, sweet notes in PS: I Love You Spring Fling, which is great if you're a fruity scent gal.

    If you take a look at the reviews on the BBW site, PS: I Love You Spring Fling is winning hands-down over the original PS: I Love You. It's been a while since I've sniffed the original so I can't compare the two for you, but the general sentiment seems to be that this is a much lighter, more wearable version. Also, if you like BBW Dancing Waters, I think you will also like this, because it's got many similarities in terms of the clean, lightness of it.

    Do you already own PS: I Love You Spring Fling? Are you interested in taking a whiff the next time you're at BBW? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

    A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
    SHARE:

    8 comments

    1. I love the original, but sadly I didn't like this one as much. But I only gave it a quick whiff so I should have put some on my skin and let it sit a minute

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love this fragrance esp. the perfume. Love the smell of it.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I didn't love this at first, but after it sat on my skin for awhile I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist!
      Now that you mention it, I think I'll check out Dancing Waters again. Loving the fresh scents!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I'm not normally a floral kind of gal but I may give this one a shot.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I was in BBW the other day and checked, or rather sniffed, this out and I like it way more than the original. I want to pick it up :-)I was there for candles originally. :-)

      ReplyDelete
    6. Honestly.... I think BBW can do no wrong :D :D I love love their stuff. I have the original and I like it but it is a bit strong. I can't wait til I go to the store to try out the Spring Fling one!!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Tiff: Oh that is a bummer! I would try it again on your skin this time and see if it's any better for ya? :)

      Tina: Yay! Glad you like it too. :)

      Heather: I'm so glad you gave it a chance and ended up liking it! And yes, I definitely see some similarities between this and Dancing Waters. :)

      princess azure: I would love to know what you think of it if you try it--especially since you're not normally a floral girl! :)

      adorepink: Yay! So glad you're liking it! And isn't that always how it is at BBW? You go in for one thing and end up getting distracted by a zillion other things! lol. :)

      ndoodles: So glad I'm not alone in my BBW obsession. lol! Can't wait to see what you think of this one. xo

      ReplyDelete

    I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

    Please refrain from comments that contain:
    • Links to your own blog or website
    • Advertisements or referral links

    Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

    © 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
    BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig