Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Important Rite Aid and CVS sale info!

First I'd like to remind you that, beginning tomorrow (Thursday) and ending Saturday, all Rite Aid brand products are going to be BOGO 50% off. And I checked with Rite Aid and it turns out you CAN use coupons during this sale! You may be asking yourself, "How would I have coupons for Rite Aid brand products?" Well, if you've been playing Rite Aid's The Game of Life game, you know that you get coupons for different products inside every game piece! So I've got a few 50-cent off coupons for things like Rite Aid brand hand sanitizers and batteries that will definitely come in handy during this sale. Hopefully you've been saving those coupons too, because tomorrow's the time to use 'em!

Next, I noticed the other day at my local Rite Aid that all of the Sally Hansen Carmindy Natural Shine Lip Glosses (note: not the brand new Forever Stay Moisture Glosses that I mentioned in this post) are currently on clearance and 75% off! If you are a Carmindy fan, definitely stop by Rite Aid asap and see what colors are available, because that is quite a deal (I believe the normal retail price on these is $7.99 so you'll be able to snag them for just TWO BUCKS!)
Moving on to CVS, I wanted to mention that if your local CVS carries Boots, you might seriously want to consider taking advantage of the current 75-90% off sale going on (and if you don't have a CVS in your area that carries Boots, I've heard from several readers that Target currently has a lot of Boots products on clearance as well, so you can get your Boots fix that way as well!).

Specifically, I want to say that one of the Boots Moisture Drench lipsticks I picked up (regularly $9.99, now on clearance for 99 cents!) in the shade Sugar Plum, is by far the standout of the four lippies I purchased and showed you in this post. Is is the most perfect shade of berryish-plum I have ever owned, and I don't say that lightly. I am always on the hunt for a plum that doesn't have too much pink or magenta in it, and this one is a bullseye. If you have yellow-toned skin and normally can't do plums, I think you will be VERY pleased with this one. It's warm enough for yellow-toned girls, but it doesn't veer into the brick-red side of the spectrum. Also, the texture is AMAZING (so smooth, light and sheer) but yet the color payoff is incredible. I can't say enough about this lippie! Oh, and it wears down to a beautiful berryish stain, which is just the icing on the cake. If you are a plum/berry/sheer lipstick/stain fan, RUN, don't walk, and grab yourself a tube--especially if you can find it for 99 cents! Here's a quick swatch of me wearing it:


I swear it's 100x prettier in person. I seriously love it so much that Mr. R is getting sick of seeing me in it! I've even been putting it on at night while we watch TV because I'm so addicted to the texture of it.

And lastly, I normally don't review a haircare product unless I've tested it for 5-7 days straight, but I've GOT to give you a mini-review of the new Bioluxe (CVS house brand that's a dupe for Matrix Biolage) shampoos and conditioners because this line is BOGO free this week (retail: $9.99, 15.5 oz) and I don't want you to miss this sale if you're looking to try a new shampoo or conditioner. Also, look for the green tag around select bottles of Bioluxe conditioner, which contains a $9.99 rebate in the form of a Visa Gift Card! If you find that tag, you'll be able to snag both the shampoo and conditioner FOR FREE after rebate!

I picked up the Bioluxe Polishing Shampoo and Polishing Conditioner because I'm a sucker for any hair care product that contains olive oil:


Both the shampoo and conditioner smell fine (sort of like your usual generic salon products) but that doesn't matter to me because I just cannot get over the results! My hair was SO shiny after using these products, and it was managable, bouncy and full of life. But the true winner in the Polishing line is the conditioner. Let me back up and remind you that I've got thin hair but lots of it. It's oily at the roots and very dry at the ends. Also, my hair is pretty long, so because of the dryness of my ends and the thin texture of hair, I am prone to tangles. MAJOR tangles. So I need a conditioner that's not only going to give me some added moisture, but I also need a conditioner that's going to serve as a detangler (without adding extra heaviness or greasiness to my hair). It's a tall order, but all I can say is that when I first put this conditioner in my hair the other day in the shower, I LAUGHED OUT LOUD! I seriously said, "Whose hair IS this? Because it's certainly not MINE!" I have never felt a conditioner so instantly detangle my hair before. I'm used to conditioners (even conditioners that I LOVE) taking their sweet time to detangle. I ususally have to work the product through my hair, and really get it in there to start to see the detangling magic happen. But with Bioluxe Polishing Conditioner, it happened almost instantaneously. It's truly one of those jaw-dropping conditioners for me that I can't believe works so well. Now, mind you, I've only been using this stuff for three days so far, but what a WONDERFUL three days it's been! My hair is just so soft, shiny, bouncy, and, just as the name promised, POLISHED! If you've got hair that is prone to tangling, I really think you might want to take advantage of this BOGO free deal, and if you can find the green tag around the conditioner, you won't really be spending anything at all to try these. It's a total no-brainer, as far as I'm concerned.

But hurry, because this BOGO free deal ends Saturday!

That's it for now, but I'll be back in a bit with a HUGE giveaway, so please stay tuned!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I just got the Bioluxe hydrating conditioner, and I love it! I know what you mean about the instant detangling! I think I might snag some more before this ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evidently the CVS stores in Imperial Beach aren't taking part in the 90% off sale. CVS on Palm Ave (same area as Jack in the Box) is doing the 75% off but the CVS off of Saturn (VONS, Starbucks, Carrows) is not taking part in either as far as early this afternoon. :( saddens me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You KNOW I had to look this conditioner up. ;] I'm not surprised your hair responds well to this, it's pretty decent stuff. After taking out all the fluff (extracts, preserves, fragrance, etc) we're left with:

    Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Isododecane, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Quaternium-91, Quaternium 80, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methoxy PEG/PPG-7/3 Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Benzophenone-4, Propylene Glycol.

    Pretty much your basic conditioner to smooth and add shine, with a splash of olive oil. However, olive oil has been proving to be one of the few oils out there that actually do penetrate into the hair shaft, so it's not a bad idea to look for products that contain it! But generally in a rinse-off product like this, it's not too effective, but it's not totally useless (like glycerin). Would I be right in guessing it has a slightly pearly appearance? I see a couple ingredients that would give that, so just wondering.

    Thought you'd like to know. ;]

    -Anthony xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. also the sally hansen comfort shine lip glaze was 75% off at my rite aid, along with various nail polishes, artificial nails, and other nail products!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment and for replying. I need to check it out soon. Because evidently no one in the CVS stores told me that you can do that with the scanner. Thanks as always for your helpful info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the heads-up! I knew about the bogo sale on the Bioluxe, but had no idea about the Visa gift card...till I read about it here. I was able to get the same deal as you, as I had the "cvs red slot machine" give me a 1 dollar off coupon good for cvs brand hair product. So yay, they pais me $1 too.
    Btw- I have the same hair type as you and I find Palmer's brand(found in the ethnic section) Olive Oil Formula Replenishing Conditioner to work wonders. I use it as a deep conditioner once a week...love it!
    ~Rose~

    ReplyDelete
  7. PoorCollegeStudent: Yay!! I am thrilled that you like this conditioner too!!! :D

    YesIShould: Thanks so much for the scoop on some other San Diego CVS locations! I'm sorry to hear that two of the three stores you went to are not doing this, but I have a feeling they WILL eventually mark them down (and that the Palm location will eventually change to 90% off) so keep checking back. Keep me posted? :)

    Anthony: LOL! You ROCK!! Thanks so much for doing this great research! I'm glad to know this passes the test and is a decent conditioner (ingredient-wise). I am looooving it! And actually, I think the conditioner doesn't really have a pearly look to it, but the *shampoo* definitely does! :) I'd love to know what you think if you try these (or anything from this line). xo

    LaVogue: Oooh, thanks so much for the tip about the other SH clearance products. Yay!! :)

    rayqueenbee: You are so welcome, honey! And of course I'd love to know how it works out for you the next time you're at CVS! :)

    Anon: YAY!!!! Oh I am so glad you were able to get the exact same deal that I got! That's fantastic! And it's awesome that you got the same coupon from the "slot machine" too!! :)Let me know what you think of the Bioluxe products when you try them, ok? And thanks SO much for the Palmer's rec! Wow! I love Palmer's products so I will definitely check that out! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. too bad the bioluxe rebate is not valid in ct and ri! i guess at buy1 get 1 free its $5 a bottle which is okay i guess.hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad the the CVS within walking distance jumped on the wagon of 90% off Boots no7! I am just starting on using foundation (mostly on my cheeks, large pores) and very excited to use Stay Perfect in Truffle. Light coverage, does well to smooth...cost $1.54. Snagged two lipsticks and a blush. Basic beauty kit is coming along slowly. Now if only the one on Saturn would jump on the wagon, they have a larger selection. The CVS on Palm had ten lipsticks left (four were open), three unopened liquid foundations, no moisturizers left, and a handful of lip pencils...if anyone is interested.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynn: Oh that is a HUGE bummer! So sorry to hear that, but yes, $5/bottle is still a great deal (especially since I would probably pay full price for the conditioner alone!). :)

    YesIShould: Yay!! So glad to hear you found a CVS w/ 90% off on Boots! And you are so incredibly sweet to leave an update as to what products are still available at that location! Thanks SO much for that. :) Oh, and let me know what you think about those lipsticks! I am looooving the color and texture of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My South Calif CVS stores only offered the 90% off Boots until last Sunday, 2/28. When I went back on Monday, 3/1, all products were marked at regular price? I asked a clerk about this because it seemed unusual, but she could not really provide an answer that made any sense. Normally, if CVS has product at 75-90% off, they are clearing it off the shelves...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just picked up Bioluxe shampoo and conditioner, and I love it! My hairdresser is on vacation this week, and I HAD to do something with my hair. Her products are upwards of $30-$40 just for a shampoo OR conditioner and only available online.

    I have a tall order when it comes to hair productes as well. I'm a woman of color and have no relaxer in my hair (so I have the basic afro when I shampoo :)), nor do I add oils, I needed something that would hydrate and smooth. After blow drying and flat ironing, my hair looked just as good as it does when my hairdresser does it! It's shiny, has tons of body and doesn't have the heavy residue that most products leave me with.

    My hairdresser may be fired after this :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig