Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, February 20, 2010

Did you get your $10 Sally Beauty Gift Code yet?


If you're a Sally Beauty Club member, chances are you have received a $10 GC in your in-box this week! This code is good with NO minimum purchase, so it's basically free money to use at SallyBeauty.com. Who doesn't love that kind of deal?

Now, if you are you a Sally Beauty Club member and you did NOT get this code emailed to you, it probably means that you signed up for your card in-store and did not register that card online and subscribe to the Sally newsletter. If this is the case, you can register your existing card online, no problem! Just click here.

Now, for those of you who DID get your $10 gift code, how are you planning on spending it? If you're overwhelmed by choices, let me give you a few options:

You can mix and match 11 Sally Girl eyeshadow singles or other dollar items ($0.94 each for club members) and that's $10.34. So all you'll pay is $5.95 (shipping) + $0.34 (amount after using the $10 GC) + sales tax (which was $1.55 for me), which comes to a grand total of $7.84!!

Or how about 3 bottles of China Glaze Nail Polish (club member price: $3.99 per bottle) which comes to $11.47. So all you'll pay is $5.95 shipping + $1.47 (amount after using the $10 GC) + sales tax (for me it was $1.85), which comes to a grand total of $9.27!!

You may not think either of these two deals above is THAT great, but when you consider that if you went to your local Sally, you'd have to pay the total amount PLUS sales tax, and of course worry about what colors are in stock at your location. So all of that is sort of eliminated if you buy online, AND you save a few bucks in the process!

Anyway, there are just a few ideas, and of course you can always click here to see all of my previous reviews of items you can purchase at Sally Beauty in case you're looking for some new items to try and you want to use that $10 GC. But hurry because the GC expires Feb. 28th!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. As online shopping is only within US, I guess we Canadians wouldn't get the code. It sucks that they charge quite a bit for shipping.

    Did you hear about the new 3-tier pricing at Sally? Their label now shows regular price, Club price (for people with cards like us) and Pro price (for people in the industry). A friend told me China Glaze now costs us $5.29 with card (used to be $3.99). Imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I didn't know I needed to register my card online!

    ReplyDelete
  3. H: Oh, that sucks about you guys not getting this code. :( And no, I didn't hear about the 3-tiered pricing, but I literally *just* checked online and China Glaze is still $3.99 here in the US for regular card members. I wonder if the $5.29 price is for Canada only, or if they're about to raise the price for us too??? Hum...I guess I know how I'm spending my GC! Thanks for the heads-up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. April and Ashley: You are so welcome! And be sure to click the box to receive the newsletter too, just in case this was a newsletter-subscriber-only deal (I have no way of knowing!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. can we still get this discount if we just signed up to be a sally beauty club member right now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This doesn't have anything to do with this post, but I have a question for you. I saw e.l.f. at Food 4 Less today, and I was curious if you knew they sold it there. I never looked in their beauty section before (cause it seemed pretty small), so I was excited to find it. Of course with me being a cosmetics noob, its probably been there forever and I just found it lol.

    Also, I want to thank you for the Love's giveaway. I received it last Friday. I meant to come thank you sooner, but things have been a bit crazy for me the past couple weeks. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I've only worn them once (and just to test them), but I like them so far. I'm going to start wearing them more often so I can see how they're going to work for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh No!!! I am not a member...Does anyone know how we can become a member? And also...Does it cost money to become a member?

    ReplyDelete
  8. nicole: Not sure about that--you'd have to ask Sally customer service. Sorry!

    Aedd: You know, another lovely reader mentioned that in an older post and I have not yet gone to a Food 4 Less to check this out! Thanks for the reminder--I'm going to have to see if my local store has anything! Is it just the e.l.f. line or are there any Studio or Mineral products? Also, I'm so glad you seem to be liking the Love's fragrances so far! Heart Throb is definitely a sweet, foody scent while Sugar Kiss is more wearable and, to me, more of an everyday type of fragrance. Keep me posted? :)

    ngocupham: You can sign up in-store or online, and I believe it costs $5 a year to join. But the cool thing is that once you pay the $5, you automatically get a $5 coupon toward your next purchase, so it's basically free! And then of course, as long as you're a member you get the Sally discount on anything you buy. LOVE that! :)

    Marie: Bummer!! Sorry about that. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only saw e.l.f. products, no studio or mineral line... that would have been awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A little update: My Sally charged me $3.99 with card, but my friend confirmed with the manager from her store and she said $5.29 would be the right price with card. I guess they are launching the new price structure gradually (or another reason that I can't figure out). I plan to get a few more China Glaze before my store raises the price

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aedd: Thanks for the info, honey! It's still totally worth a trip to FFL just to see if I can get anything I don't already have. :)

    H: Veeeeeeery interesting! I really, really hope that they don't do this in the US too, but it sounds like they might. Now is definitely the time to stock up then. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a follow-up. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig