Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, September 13, 2009

A super inexpensive brush & pencil holder even I can make!

If you've seen my other blog, Nouveau Sweet, then you know I love craft projects. I like using recycled objects and I REALLY love it when the project is easy and doesn't require a lot of skill or tools or money to make.

I found this project on The Long Thread (a great craft blog) and I love the simplicity of it:



All you need to make it is 4 empty cans, pliers, a clothesline (you can find these at the dollar store, Target, etc.), masking tape and a glue gun. Click here for the full instructions.

You can easily adapt this project to things you have lying around the house, such as plastic cups or different colored rope or yarn. I can't wait to get started and make something cute (and useful!) using recycled materials. Yay!

Speaking of crafts, if you have or know a little girl who loves playing with makeup but isn't quite ready for the real thing, here's a brilliant craft project I found recently on one of my very favorite craft blogs, Dollar Store Crafts. You can make Faux Makeup by using your old eyeshadow palettes (talk about a brilliant way to recycle!) and a few bottles of nail polish. LOVE!

Do you have any beauty-related craft projects you'd like to share with us? Leave 'em in the comments!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Great idea! I made my own brush older than cost me less than $5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love arts-n-crafts!! :D After reading this, I went on their blog...then I started looking at more stuff. >< Ahhhh oh I wish I had the money to do all this!!

    The eyeshadow palette idea is very unique! I never thought of that!

    I also like the xmas advent calender idea on My Little Mochi's blog (http://mylittlemochi.typepad.com/my_little_mochi/2008/11/pocket-advent-calendar.html)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Fabuless Beauty! I'd love to know how you made your own brush holder. What materials did you use? Thanks! :)

    Hey Siluet! How are you? :) I know...crafting is such an addictive hobby, but if you're not careful you can spend a lot of money on supplies. lol. That calender is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig