Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, September 14, 2009

Review: Wet n Wild Speed Glosses

By now you've probably seen Wet n Wild's Speed Glosses at your local drugstores (retail: around $3.50), but have you actually tried one? I was lucky enough to receive their four newest shades for review, and I have to say that they are not only extremely fun, but very nice glosses to wear on a daily basis.

The concept behind Wet n Wild Speed Glosses is simple. They're easy, on-the-go glosses that contain a "fusion of natural, energy-boosting ingredients: Ginkgo Biloba, Ginseng, Guarana, Acai and Vitamin E. These highly-concentrated antioxidants and revitalizing botanicals rejuvenate and condition lips for a healthy dose of intense color and shine, with a kick!" I'd also like to add that all of these glosses have a delicious kick of peppermint fragrance and flavor, which actually reminds me of Extra Spearmint Gum. Love that!

Let's take a look at the colors:

(click images to enlarge)

Chaotic - Sheer cherry red with gold flecks
Fired Up - Shimmery rose gold
Frantic - Bubblegum pink with silver flecks
Hyped - Milky nude

Chaotic

Fired Up

Frantic
Hyped

As you can see, they are very versatile, sheer shades, and I'm pleased to report that the staying power is quite good. They each lasted a few hours on my lips (which is a miracle for me since glosses usually last about 30 minutes on my lips) and I found the formula to be a bit tingly, which I love, and also very moisturizing. The consistency can be thick if you apply too much, but I found the formula to be much less sticky than I thought it would be. On a stickiness scale, I'd give these about a 6-1/2 (1 being not sticky at all, 10 being glue).

My favorite shade so far is definitely Hyped, which is such a pretty, milky nude color. It's definitely one of those colors that is ideal to wear with a smokey eye, as well as other more intense eye looks.

I'd also like to show you a pic of the applicator:


As you can see, the applicator is clear plastic, and when you squeeze the tube, the gloss comes up through the applicator to the tip. It's unique and fun and definitely makes application quick and easy.

The only thing I can't speak to so far is the energizing properties of this gloss. Unfortunately, I'm immune to energizing ingredients in general (I'm the type of person who can drink three espressos in a row and fall right to sleep, no problem). So if you've tried Speed Glosses and noticed a boost of energy after application, I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and gratis samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Thanks for the review! I love Hyped and Fired Up =D they look great on you! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joey! You are so welcome! I hope this helped and, as always, I'd love to know what you think if you pick up any of these. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep wanting to try these but I haven't yet, so thanks for your review! They all look so pretty on you, especially chaotic and fired up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What, are these infused with cafeine?? That's kind of crazy. I can't help but think of kids getting a little high.. anhem, hyper off of these glosses like they do with white out.

    But I'd really love to try them out since they're sheer. The sticky factor is a problem though. I'm liking Fired up, but Frantic and Hyped look so similar. Maybe it's the flash?

    I bought this lip conditioner from MAC at SDSU (can you believ they sell makeup in a bookstore?) But oh my god, so good, so good! Creamy and zero stickiness) but the price tag was not pretty: $13! But the tub will last me 2 years.

    I swear it's the best stocking stuffer you can give a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, please ignore those typos in my last comment. I'm really losng my touch. xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 words: Lorac Sale.
    http://www.hautelook.com/catalog/1160

    Get them before they're gone tomorrow night! XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, I know, it's my 17th hundred comment here but you'll love this: $5 off of a $25 purchase at Sally's.


    http://www.mommysavesbig.com/printable-coupons/sally-beauty.jpg

    Sweet, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are like my bf. He actually needs caffein to make him fall asleep lol.

    These glosses are soo pretty and the swatches are surprisingly pigmented for sheer glosses. Its also great that it stays longer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Selecu! Thank you so much. :) I'd love to know what you think of these if you end up getting any! xo

    Hey Shela! You crack me up! :) No, they don't contain caffeine (check my review for the list of energizing ingredients--ginko, ginseng, acai, etc.). lol. Frantic and Fired Up are definitely not similar. I just couldn't get a good pic with my camera. :( Frantic is a creamy bubblegum pink with silver shimmer while Hyped is a milky, neutral nude. Hope that helps? And WOW, thanks for all the fab sale and product recs! I saw that Lorac sale mentioned somewhere else and I was like, "Uh oh." Loooove me so Lorac. lol. And OMG, they sell MAC at SDSU? When did that happen? Is it only the balm or do they have a big selection of products? That is crazy!!

    Hey Becky! Oh I am so glad to hear that someone else shares my weird caffeine condition. lol!!! Tell your bf I completely understand. :) Oh and I would love to know if you end up getting any of these glosses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I see, yeah, sometimes my camera will do that too. And plus I have terrible lighting in my room.

    I get a little obsessed when I'm at Sephora, so I know what you mean by "uh oh" when you see Lorac. I swear I'm like a kid in a candy shop. Must... resist!

    As for MAC at State, they have a large selection of goodies there, not just the lip conditioners. They sell primers, eyeshadows, mascara, everything. It's a mini-Mac store in there. I walk by everyday when I'm going to class and I'm tempted to check everything out!

    They have a 7-day return policy too so when I didn't like the mascara I bought, I walked right in between classes and got a refund. The coolest thing that they, and other MAC stores, do is that if you return 6 MAC containers when you're finished with them, they'll give you a free full-size lip item of your choice. Neat, right?

    My wallets will suffer casualties this year, I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh honey, I have been working Back2MAC for over a decade now! lol! In fact, I think almost every MAC lippie I own is due to that exchange program. lol!! I just wish the counters let you exchange your empties for an eyeshadow, like they do at the freestanding stores (or at least that's what I hear). :(

    Thanks for all the info about State's MAC selection. This is great to know the next time I find myself on the SDSU campus. :) Also, just want to make sure you know that the Macy's in Grossmont Center has a MAC counter too, if you're ever in that area. :) xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig