Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sometimes it really pays to scavenge the clearance section...

I recently found a CVS that has a clearance section for beauty products. This is a new thing for me since none of the other CVS stores in my area have a clearance section like this. So incredibly awesome!

So the picture below is what I picked up the other day. From left to right: CVS Pore Cleanser (compare to Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser) for $1, Garnier Nutritioniste Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Moisture Cream (got this for my mom) for $2, Neutrogena Lift & Strengthen Intense Eye Concentrate for $2, and Clean & Clear Soft Day Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF 15 for $1.

Yes. I paid $6 total for all of the products below. The retail value on the eye cream alone is $21.99!


So far I am LOVING all three of these products and my mom is loving the Garnier moisturizer as well. Don't you just love it when you take a chance on something on sale and you end up actually liking it and using it? I keep looking at the bottles going, "How in the heck did I get these for so cheap??" None of them are old or expired. I know that Neutrogena is changing their packaging but, as for the other products, I have no idea why they were reduced so low.

My other score was at the Walgreens clearance section. As you all probably know, Walgreens and Jane Cosmetics ended their business arrangement a few months back, so Walgreens got rid of all of their Jane inventory. They still have a few odds and ends in the clearance section, and I just so happened to have a $1 off coupon good toward any Jane product burning a hole in my wallet. So I was able to pick up a Jane Be Pure Mineral Blush in "Mink" for 79 cents! The clearance price was actually $1.79 (retail: $5.99) but since I had the coupon, I got for under a dollar!

Let me tell you, believe all of the great reviews you've read about this product. It is AWESOME and I'm bummed that it's taken me so long to try it--but happy that I only had to pay 79 cents to get my hands on one! The color "Mink" is a peachy-neutral with a subtle shimmer and I cannot believe the pigmentation. It's superb, as well as the staying power. Also, it blends very easily and a little goes a long way so I'm sure I'll have this for a good long while. What I like the most is that, even though it's a loose powder, it doesn't fly all over the place when you use it. It's one of the most neat & tidy loose powders I've used.
That's it for now, but thanks for letting me share my ridiculously inexpensive haul with you!

Have you tried any of these products? I'd love to know your thoughts.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. That's so cheap it's almost stupid! Here I go with how lame my local drugstores are again...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Amber! I'm starting to feel guilty that my drugstores rock so much more than others (not really). lol!! I think they're making up for the fact that the Sephoras are kind of lacking in SD (compared to other locations in CA). We can't have it *all* can we? Oh and I have yet to find an amazing beauty supply that has a perfect combo of high and low end here--and I KNOW you have those left and right up there. So jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you take me shopping with you if I ever come to the states? lol, I should probably stop blogging about sales over here, considering what you got for so cheap today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Halifax! Of course you can! :) But the sad part is, my usual shopping trips are never like this! lol!! I get lucky every now and again and this time it was twice in one week. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol!seems like you have the best luck ever!that is CHEAP!how come i never see bargains like that haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Manju! I guess the drugstore gods were looking down on me that day! lol!! But I'm telling you, this kind of stuff rarely happens to me (and I wish it happened more!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just discovered your blog the other day and I have it bookmarked--and read it daily. I cannot tell you how invaluable it is, since I, by my own restraint, refuse to venture outside of the drugstore 'cheap' arena for beauty products. The CVS stores in my area have clearance shelves in the beauty section, but they also affix red "50%" off and green "75 % off" stickers to certain cosmetics items--not sure if yours does? I found L'Oreal colorjuice glosses for $2.78 at mine just the other day. LOVE CVS! lol. And your blog too :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Em! Wow, thank you so much for your comment! I cannot tell you how good it makes me feel that my blog has been able to be a good resource for you! Yay!!

    And regarding the clearance-tagged items at CVS, YES, believe me I know all about those. LOL! I actually picked up a back-up of my favorite Color Juice Stick (Tropical Punch) the other day for 75% off. I actually did a blog post a while back about how I think they're discontinuing the Color Juice line, which really bums me out. So if you have a favorite color, I suggest you stock up while you can. :(

    Thanks again! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, those are amazing bargains. I wish we had deals like that over here in Canada ):

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cool!
    you really are a very smart shopper

    i also always check the clearance section first before i go to the heart of the store..hehe

    doesn't hurt to check,right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Arezu! I'm sorry to hear that you don't have deals like this up north, but you DO have Shoppers Drug Mart! Oh what I would give to see those Quo mineral blushes--they look so pretty! Do you own any of those?

    Hey thiamere! We are definitely the same in that respect! I always go to the clearance section of any store (Target, CVS, etc.) before I look at the regular stuff. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didnt know about this. this is really good news. i'll make sure to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Rebekkah! Glad I could help! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig