Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The MOST expensive beauty products I've ever seen


Just for fun, I thought I'd do a bizarro world post and bring to you, my dear readers, the most expensive beauty products I've ever seen. Hold on to your wallets because this is going to be one wild ride.

(Now, I know there may be products on the market that are more expensive than these but, in my opinion, these products have the most interesting ingredients and claims.)


The beyond outlandish:

The $2,350 bottle of perfume
(If that's not expensive enough for you, there is another one available for $215,000 but it's not listed on the website; you must call for details)

The $55,000 bottle of nail polish
(But don't worry, there's a version for $250 if you're on a budget!)

The $62,000 lipstick
(Hey, it comes with a lip brush.)


The ridiculously expensive:

The $115 lip balm

The $65 mascara

The $98 eyeshadow
(And it's not even a palette.)

The $60 eyeshadow brush

The $118 foundation
(Oh darn, I can't find a swatch to match my skin.)

The $125 bar of soap
(Let me repeat: One bar of soap.)

The $60 bottle of shampoo

The $65 sugar scrub
(I can never get over the fact that they're essentially selling us SUGAR and OIL).

The $300 eye cream
(they don't even tell you how many oz. you're getting; if you have to ask, you can't afford it darling)

The $650 moisturizer (1 oz) <--Yes, ONE ounce

The $253 hair brush

The $300 hair dryer
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Apparently Sonia Kashuk has a "dupe-ish" brush similar to the Mason Pearson one. And I'm pretty sure it's under $20 too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks for the tip, Tanya! I will definitely look into that the next time I need a brush...for now I'm super happy with my little ol' plastic Goody Ouchless Brush that I got for like 2 bucks on clearance at Walgreens :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hear my wallet whimper just at the thought of these. You could buy a brand-new car for the price of that lipstick or nail polish. A really nice, brand new car. Or you could buy my car five times over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Leigh! I know, it's beyond ridiculous. And we must have similar cars because you could get 4 or 5 of mine too, for the price of that one lippie. Sheesh. I can't even wrap my mind around spending $125 on ONE bar of soap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently, some people have money coming out of their butts...otherwise, who would EVER buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Josi! I've gotta tell you, even if I did have money to burn, I don't think I could ever justify spending 60 grand on a lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alaska--sorry to delete your comment but I wasn't sure exactly what you were talking about and it seemed like spam to me. If I'm mistaken, kindly send me an email and let me know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It kills my inner cheapskate to say it, but the $60 shampoo (and all of the Alterna products) are worth the shocking price tags. I have super thick/super curly hair (although the hairs themselves are very fine) and when I use Alterna Curl Life Shampoo and Conditioner (~$30 each :eek!:), I don't even have to use styling products. Because of the price though, it's more of a "special occasion" thing.

    I can't vouch for anything else on the list, although it seems like you're not really buying the lipstick per se, but rather the ostentatious tube-it just seems downright vulgar to me.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig