Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, April 10, 2009

What's in my bag?


A dear reader, former colleague, and friend (you can check out her excellent blog here) recently asked if I'd do a post about the beauty products I currently carry in my bag. Not only am I flattered and humbled that she'd ask, but I have to admit it's sort of fun to rummage around my purse and actually take inventory of the beauty products I deem necessary to carry with me on a daily basis.

If you're curious, here's my current list (this is not counting the essential items like my Tide To Go pen and travel size Advil, which are arguably beauty-related):

1) L'Oreal Color Juice Stick in "Island Punch" (read my review here)

2) Prestige Powder Foundation Compact in "Wheat" (even though it's technically a foundation, I LOVE to use it for quick touch-ups since it's a perfect match to my beloved ColorStay foundation in "Buff". I have used this product for over 5 yrs now and would NEVER leave the house without it.)

3) N.Y.C. Extra Shiny topcoat (cheap, dependable, and can be used in any MacGyver-type situations that arise.)

4) Aquaphor Healing Ointment (I don't know about you, but if I'm out and about and I suddenly have a yearning for hand cream, it means my hands are SUPER dry and that I need it desperately. Aquaphor is heavy-duty, and it works. Plus, the tube is small enough to fit in your bag without weighing it down.)

5) Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets (If I don't need color but just a quick oil-blot, these are arguably the best on the market. And cheap.)

6) Bath & Body Works Anti-Bac Foaming Sanitizer in Warm Vanilla Sugar (OK, so I'm neurotic and I need to have a hand sanitizer with me at all times. But this one I LOVE, because it won't leak like the liquid ones, it has a fun pump with foam, it doesn't dry out my hands, the bottle is cute, and the scent "Warm Vanilla Sugar" makes me feel girly, but it doesn't stay on my hands forever or compete with my fragrance of the day. Yes, it's expensive if you have to pay full price, but if you wait until B&BW has one of their sales, you can stock up. Plus, one little bottle lasts a looong time. In other words, it's perfect as far as travel hand-sanitzers go.)

7) Folding Travel Brush (I have one similar to this that I got at the dollar store and I love it for when it's windy out and I need to fix my hair and my fingers just won't do. All you side-swept-bangs girls KNOW what I'm talkin' about.)

And that's it for this month. Check back next month to see if I've changed up my routine. Or leave a comment here and tell me what I'm missing. Please!

PS: Almost forgot: Yes, that's the bag I'm currently using in the pic above. It's from Nine West, which is probably every recessionista's favorite choice for bags, right?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love the list!!! :) So happy you posted this. I'm totally checking out some of these items. And cute purse --- I carry a Nine West, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you like it, Jennie! It was a great idea and I hope readers find it useful! Nine West RULES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Thanks for the pic of your handbag. Do you use a makeup bag, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anon! Actually, I do use a makeup bag and it's just a simple, clear plastic makeup bag that I bought at Long's! I've found that, over the years, the clear makeup bags work best for me because I can see exactly what I need and where it is, as opposed to rummaging through my purse, just to get to my makeup bag, and then rummaging through THAT bag as well :) Thanks so much for asking!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig