Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Awesome Five Dollar Shopping Spree!!



I struck gold today, ladies! And I'm so excited to share it with you!

I went to my local Big Lots to check out the Easter stuff but decided to do a quick cruise of the beauty aisle. While the pickins were slim, I did find a great deal on a Revlon ColorStay eyeshadow single in "Champagne" for $1.50 (retail price $7). I think they're phasing these out in favor of the quads, which would explain their appearance at Big Lots. I love this color (the pic is actually pretty true to life) because it's a perfect base for one of my many dark brown crease colors.

Next, I went over to Long's Drugs because, with the changeover to CVS, I'm always curious about the latest clearance sale.

ALERT: While I was at Long's, I struck up a conversation with one of the employees who told me that they are in the process of getting rid of everything that CVS doesn't carry. In other words, any items that you know are specific to Long's will be deeply discounted in the days and weeks to come (note to self: Keep an eye on NYX).

So today when I walked down the makeup aisle at my Long's, I discovered that over 50% of the ENTIRE L'Oreal section was SEVENTY-FIVE PERCENT OFF! I'm talking lipsticks, nail polishes, foundations, powders, eyeshadows, you name it! Even some HiP stuff!

I managed to exhibit some restraint and only purchased two items! But let me tell you, these are items that I had been eyeing forever but just could never justify paying full price for because they're not "necessities".

First I got a L'Oreal Wear Infinite eyeshadow single in "Glistening Sea" for $1.07 (retail price $4.99). So unbelievable! I had been wanting to try this shade of shimmery light green for so long and I am chomping at the bit to put it on ASAP.

Second, I picked up a L'Oreal Colour Juice Stick in "Island Punch" for $2.45 (retail price $10). Again, this is a product I've been wanting to try for so long, but I could never justify spending $10 on another liptint/balm (my current obsession).

I have to say that if you were a fan of L'Oreal's Shine Delice line, you will LOVE the Color Juice Stick. It's sheer, like Shine Delice, and the flavor tastes like Shine Delice (think tropical punch). The color of "Island Punch" is just gorgeous. It's a berryish-coral with flecks of gold. So pretty! It's not a lipstick, but not really a balm either...I'd say it's somewhere in between the two. It's sheer, but not too sheer, and you really get a good color payoff.

So there you have it! I spent $5 today and I got about $22 worth of product. I hope I'm inspiring you to get out there and look for these types of bargains because, believe me, they're out there!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig