Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, April 3, 2009

I can't believe I haven't talked about this yet


I'm going to tell you about a product that I should have mentioned here weeks ago. Seriously, this one's a no-brainer for my fellow budget makeup mavens.

N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder

Now granted, this loose powder is not T. LeClerc, but if you're looking for a good, solid workhorse, and you're not a mineral-only powder user, you can't go wrong with this one. At $2.99, this product will last you a long time and the results are better (in my opinion) than any other loose powder I've tried from the drugstore. I use "Translucent" which actually looks like a fair, cool-toned color in the container but it goes on clear, sets my foundation perfectly and leaves my skin looking smooth and flawless. It's finely milled, it doesn't look chalky or cakey, and the only thing I need to do for midday maintenance is use a blotting sheet on my nose and forehead.

Now the cons: The container ain't too pretty to look at, but hey, we're all about function here, right? Also, the holes in the sifter could be smaller, so beware that you can have a small mess on your hands the first few times you use this (but you'll easily get the hang of it). Also, the lid isn't too secure, which means don't travel with it in your purse. But seriously, who travels with loose powder in their purse?

Oh, and throw away the useless pink sponge that comes with it and just use your regular powder brush (I probably didn't even need to tell you that but I'm sort of neurotic if you haven't figured that out yet).

Next time you need some powder, give this a shot and tell me what you think!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig