Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, April 27, 2009

Jazz up your nails for pennies!



First let me apologize for the pics but if you've been reading this blog for any amount of time, I'm sure you know that I currently only have a Blackberry camera and they're not exactly great for close-up shots.

That said, I wanted to post a quick, fun and inexpensive way to jazz up your existing nail color. In the first pic, I'm wearing China Glaze "Jet-Set Chic" which is a light purplish-burgundy with subtle shimmer. It's a great color that goes with anything, but after a day or two I'm already bored with it. But to avoid removing it altogether and giving myself a new mani, I like to put a coat of another color on top and voila! A whole new color is born!

In the second pic, I used my new Sally Girl "Champagne Kisses" which is an iridescent sea foam green and cost me a whopping $0.89 at Sally Beauty Supply. You can't really tell in the pic, but this really gave my nails a gorgeous, subtle, sea foam greenish sheen.

The next day I tried jazzing them up a bit more and used Sally Girl "Way 2 Disco" which is a clear iridescent micro-glitter and also cost me a whopping $0.89 at Sally. Now you can't really see it in the pic, but this combo produced a super pretty sea foam sheen with little dots of iridescent glitter. Beautiful!!

I highly suggest picking up a bottle or two of a cool, sheer color and playing around with your existing stash of nail polish for fun, inexpensive, one-of-a-kind looks :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig