Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, March 20, 2009

Sometimes there's a reason something ends up at Big Lots...


I usually like to keep mostly positive reviews on my blog because I'm so enthusiastic about the products I love and I want to share them with you. But when something is a real stinker, I'd like to let you know about it as well.

I was at Big Lots a few weeks back and I wanted to try a new volumizing product for my hair. I found this product for $1.80 so I thought, "Why not?"

L'Oreal Studio Line Upright Spray Volumizing Foam Spray Targeted Root-Lifter for Extra Lift and Support

To be fair, I think this ended up at Big Lots due to a redesigned package and not because it's discontinued or unpopular. A lot of companies change their packaging and want to move the old product off store shelves, which is one of the reasons why you can get such fantastic deals at Big Lots. The product could be brand new, but it's just not in the packaging that the manufacturer wants on store shelves. Of course there are several other reasons why product ends up at Big Lots, but that's a whole other story.

So I have tried this Upright Spray 3x now, using three different methods. Each time, it makes my roots feel like I just shot glue into them. I've tried using it with sopping wet hair, I've tried using it with towel-dried hair, and I've tried using it with almost-dry hair. I've used a tiny bit, I've used a lot, I've used a moderate amount. I've used a blow-dryer afterward and I've let my hair air-dry. Nothing, and I mean nothing, that I do seems to lessen the thick, glue-like feeling that I get on my roots and scalp when I use this product.

To its credit, this product DID make my hair appear fuller for most of the day, but the price I had to pay to get there was just not worth it. I don't know about you, but I just can't stand the feeling of tar on my hair. When I use this, I can't really even touch my scalp because there's such a barrier of gunk there.

The only person I can think of suggesting this to is perhaps a guy who is totally used to the feel of thick gel in his hair all day. So if you're someone who already uses a heavy product, and you're cool with that, definitely give this a shot if you're looking for extra volume. For me, I think I'll keep this one if the back of my cabinet until someone I know wants to put their hair into a 10-inch mohawk for Halloween. It would be PERFECT for that.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig