Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bargain of the Day (BOTD)


My BOTD for Saturday is one that's near and dear to my heart.

NYX Eyeshadow Trio #3

Available at Long's Drugs and other drugstores (and some dollar stores) NYX is often referred to (by me, at least) as the poor woman's MAC. They feature an extensive line of products including makeup for the eyes, cheeks, face, lips, body, and even makeup tools. But my favorite product, by far, is the Eyeshadow Trio. The colors range from wild and exotic to neutral and wearable. Also, the consistency is great for blending and the staying power is better than any other drugstore brand I've ever tried (are you listening, Cover Girl?).

Trio #3 includes three basic colors: Nude, Taupe, and Dark Brown. Sure they're basic, but they are beautiful. These are matte colors (no shimmer, no sparkle, no micro-glitter) so they're definitely office-friendly. They work well on any eye color and you can tell that NYX really put some thought into this set because you can achieve an elegant, understated look by using each one separately, or together in various combinations.

My only gripe with the NYX Trio is the ridiculous saying on the front of the palette: "Triple Shadows for Sexy Babe's Eyes Only" Ugh. Not only is the apostrophe in the wrong place (unless they're really only talking about ONE "sexy babe") it's just...lame. But if this is the only reason you're hesitant to purchase a trio, get over it (or put some black electrical tape over it).

You can pick up the NYX Trio for $8 or less, and you get a lot of product for the price. So much so that I have yet to hit the bottom of the pan in any of my palettes and I wear them regularly.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. NYX 50% sale is on from today. Are you getting anything?
    juan_hurrican(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's right, it's their 10 yr anniv sale!! Thanks for the reminder (I should post about this here on my blog!). You know, the only thing I really want at the moment is some of their Jumbo Eye Pencils because I keep hearing that they make a fantastic e/s base. Have you tried them for that purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I use them for that. Some crease on my lids, some don't :-) But overall, I like to have different colours for base rather than just 1 dull beige colour. I also use L'Oreal Illuminance cream shadows as base.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so glad I read this before I placed my order (I gave you a shoutout in my latest post, btw! :) So can you tell me which colors creased on you? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha.

    sexy babe?? that is ridiculous- i have to agree with you!:)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig