Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, April 17, 2017

Blog Update (What's Going on with Me, New Deals, etc.)


Hello! I'm guessing that some of you may have noticed that I've been MIA since Friday, so I just wanted to give you an update (with some new deal info) to let you know what's going on.

What's going on with this blog? Where have you been?

I did not intend to be away from my blog for the weekend, but Mr. G swept me away for a few days and demanded that I turn of my phone. And I mean, off. Not mute, not "check my comments three times a day," but completely off for all things blog related. And to be honest, I needed it. As many of you know, two of my family members were in the hospital recently, and then immediately after things settled down from that, the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty event started, and it took a lot out of me to post every night of that event, trying my best to keep up on all of the freebies, deals, etc. I'm not complaining at all--I live for this blog and wouldn't have it any other way, but I just needed a break that wasn't a forced break for another reason, if that makes sense. I needed a break for ME, and Mr. G knew that I wouldn't take it myself, and certainly not over a holiday weekend with all sorts of sales happening. Believe it or not, I have not taken an extended vacation away from the blog in years. All of my breaks have pretty much been "emergency-related." I plan to take a longer break (a full week or two) over the summer, but it was nice to take a few days for myself and I hope YOU had a great weekend as well!

That said, I just approved all of the comments that were in moderation since last Friday--I apologize to those of you who shared deals here and on social media while I was away and haven't seen your tips published. I realize that some of those deals are now over, and I wish I could have published your tips earlier. I'm so sorry about that!

What happened to the Weekly Drugstore Makeup Sale Wrap-Ups? 

Several of you have expressed frustration that I have not posted a new wrap-up for a month now. So I want to take a moment to let you know that I have NOT abandoned my weekly wrap-ups. The Ulta event really set me back, since those posts were going up nightly and the weekly wrap-up takes me several hours to compile each week. But that is the longest-running feature on my blog and I am NOT stopping those posts. I love them, and I know several of you enjoy and depend on them, so I apologize for letting that slip. It's the first post I plan to publish tomorrow (Tuesday) and it will be back to normal after that.

What about the Sephora VIB Sale?

As most of you know, the Rouge portion of the VIB sale starts tonight, 4/17 (in fact, the code for Rouge members is probably working as I write this; I'm VIB so I can't test the Rouge code to confirm). I'm working on a recommendations post that should go up tomorrow (Tuesday) featuring some things I love and want to share with you. But I also want to let you know that THREE of the Sephora Favorites sets are on sale HERE (and you can of course use your discount code with those for an even better deal). If you love value sets as much as I do, you can also click THIS LINK to view all value sets sorted from low to high (there are some other sets on sale right now). Also, the Too Faced x Kat Von D Cheek & Lip Set is now on sale for $19 HERE (reg $38). And of course don't forget to check the Sale Page for even more deals. (Thanks to several of you for those tips!)

One more deal you should know about!

Thanks to several of you for letting me know that over on the Clinique website for a limited time, all of the items on THIS PAGE are 50% off. If you are a Smart Rewards member (free to sign up HERE) you will receive free shipping on all orders. Spend $35+ and you can CLICK HERE to choose 4 free deluxe samples (no code required). If you spend $55+ you can enter code JOLLY at checkout to receive a FREE 5pc Jolly Pops Set ($45.50 value; includes 4 full-size Jolly Pops + case). You can see a better pic of this set HERE. You will receive this freebie ON TOP OF the 4 free deluxe samples. If you don't want the Jolly Pops set, you can instead enter code BODYOIL with your $55+ order to receive a FREE full-size Deep Comfort Body Oil, or code TOTE for a free tote bag (view both freebies here), in addition to your 4 free deluxe samples.

Don't forget that Mother's Day is right around the corner--this is a great time to grab some Clinique goodies for that special mom in your life!

Again, thank you so much for all of the great tips while I was away, and I'm sorry to have disappeared on you like that! Thanks, from the bottom of my heart, for your understanding and patience. 

G. xo
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. Hey G! Glad you had a good weekend. I am rouge and I can advise that our sale has NOT begun yet. Thanks for everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far the code isn't working for me so maybe it'll be 12 PST this time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forever refreshing the Sephora website in hopes it shows up early (11:20 PST here and a VIB Rouge member, no luck yet!) Eee soon! Btw, I clicked on that sale link you listed ASAP but unfort one that I wanted (Chic It Easy) is sold out - bummer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just glad that it wasn't another family emergency! Hope you had a lovely time :]
    And oh man. I had already put the Kat Von D lip & cheek collab on my no-buy list but for that price I'm sorely tempted to buy it now before it sells out (I'm VIB).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please don't feel guilty about taking a bit of time to enjoy some R &R. Welcome back and thank you for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a wonderful break and that no one was I'll! We do worry about you, lol. I'm excited to get to Sephora for the VIB sale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi G! Welcome back. I am glad you were able to enjoy some free time with your boo! Missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also Belk has some Clinique items half price. I was able to order two lip items. Nordstrom had some too, not sure if they sold out or what.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey G! I'm so glad you got to get away for a few days. I really enjoy your blog and I can't even imagine all the time you put into it. But please know that it is truly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No worries here, G. I just assumed you were off for Easter. I think people should go on vacations and turn off their phones. If people did that more often the world would be better. Remember just 10 years ago when smart phones weren't a thing and you did go on vacation and you would have never dreamt of having your phone by your side the whole time! It's just like Ferris Bueller says: "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around you'll never know what you're missing". Peace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One last note: tjmaxx.com has a few items of interest for good prices. The Tarte Tartiest pro to go eyeshadow palette for $16.99 reg price $23.00 and the Tartiest pro Amazonian clay eyeshadow palette for $39.99 reg price $53.00. NARS Audacious lipstick in Bette for $19.99 reg price $32.00 and the Beauty Blender solid cleanser $9.99 reg price $16.00. There are many other deals but these stood out to me. Shipping is free after $89.00.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to be swept away for a nice long weekend....sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a great guy!! Mr.G taking care of Ms.G!!! This blog is not your life; your family and friends are. I don't want you to get burned out. Some people I used to follow simply disappeared. I read an article about Michelle Phan and how she took eight months off. No social media and I think no phones. Just friends, family, and places to see. You are awesome and so is your blog, but it's okay to take a break or social detox when you need to, okay? (I'm a worry wart, can you tell)?
    Tell Mr. G he's a rock star in my book. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree wih Robin B. "This blog is not your life; your family and friends are." Absolutely! You must have some down time. I appreciate all that you do.

      Delete
    2. Your comment is so sweet, Robin. I agree...

      Delete
  14. Hope you enjoyed your weekend, it's always good to take a break! Can't wait to shop the VIB sale this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! My weekend was wonderful, I'm happy to hear yours was as well! I was a little worried it was another emergency that happened. I know you would usually post during a holiday weekend....it's ok, I'm the same way. You get so passionate that you actually end up burning yourself out. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi...I'm so glad you were not having another family emergency and I hope that everyone is doing fine. Thank God for people in our lives that help us to help ourselves. I have missed some posts but you did what was best for you. It seems that sales will always be with us....Take care

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey G! Glad you took time off to relax and enjoy your weekend with Mr.G! Happy to hear your family is doing better. So excited about the vib sale!! My poor wallet. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good to hear you are OK and didn't take time off due to emergencies or illness. Sometimes you just have to step away for a bit in able to continue. I appreciate all you do and love your blog!! Maybe you should take scheduled designated time off so that you don't burn out. Glad you had a great weekend. Having a wonderful spouse is priceless!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig